Workspace is DONE! WOO HOO!

Okay, not completely. Still have to get a paper towel dispenser, also have to get my trash can put on the right side of the work bench, get the area rug down and get my presto pot out of the box. BUT, the cool thing is, I'm set to the point that twenty minutes and I'm making candles!

Also came up with an idea to put another workbench on the opposite side of the bench that's there now, once I get that area cleaned up and straightened, I'll send pics to show what I'm thinking of. I got to thinking when I came upstairs that even though the space is great as is, I still don't have a lot of room, plus if I attempt to expand towards the right, I'm heading under the bathroom and all the plumbing would be directly above me. Didn't like that idea, so came up with the other bench. My handiman can knock that off in less than two hours, he's that fast and it would be a good quality bench.

And yes, I realize it now but I DID cut one of my cats off in one of the pictures. That's O.J., my cross-eyed little cutey! :laugh2:

Tell me what you think, still open for more ideas!!!

post-736-139458380849_thumb.jpg

post-736-139458380852_thumb.jpg

post-736-139458380853_thumb.jpg

Gee Whiz, that looks like a dream come true!!!

It gets a little old using the kitchen, when you have to unpack, and then pack up again when you're done. Our DS is living in the basement until he finishes school next year, and I can't wait to set up a space for my candlemaking when he's gone. Not that I'm chasing him out or anything...... :D

Gee Whiz, that looks like a dream come true!!!

It gets a little old using the kitchen, when you have to unpack, and then pack up again when you're done. Our DS is living in the basement until he finishes school next year, and I can't wait to set up a space for my candlemaking when he's gone. Not that I'm chasing him out or anything...... :D

You and me both, sister!!! My DS is in the basement as well. Love him to pieces but can't wait until I can claim that space!!!!!!!:D

OH NO.......Please be careful.....that is how I started and now it is a full time business....I now have a whole seperate apartment for my studio and now I have a huge space that is always a mess....hee hee hee......Good luck with your new space.....looks like your really are going to enjoy yourself. Donita

Wow, you have been busy. I like the white paint! The pegboard really looks handy and wait until you go to a hardware store and see all the things that you can attach to one for storage.

I have another little suggestion that really works well for me. Since your work bench is wood it will work for you too. I took a cuphook and screwed it into the bottom front edge of the work top - I keep my heatgun hanging there. This has been a wonderful thing for me - it keeps it out of the way when cooling and right there when I need it. I was always so afraid of getting burned on the thing before I thought about hanging it.

WOW girl, you SHOULD be very proud, that is one kick a$$ work room!! :D

I'm green with envy!!

Like someone else mentioned, it's such a total PITA to haul everything out and then put everything back when using one's kitchen! :sad2:

I DO have a corner of hubby's garage that is currently my "craft area" but it's sooo filled with painting supplies, I wouldn't even know where to begin to put all my candle and soap supplies etc. :confused:

Anywho, enjoy your new workshop!!

It looks great!!!!!!!! I'm set up in my laundry room. It's an addition which is 1/2 the size of a 1 car garage. I used to bead in here and now I've brought in another table for candles. I just started making candles 3 weeks ago and I'm hooked.....haven't done much beading lately. My laundry room has turned into my craft room.......It's getting a little cramped but I make do.

I see your scents are on a shelf. I use a 2 tiered lazy susan so I can turn and see what I'm looking for. I used to have them in a shoe box but last night I got this idea and it works great.....Something you might want to think about down the road.

I know you are going to enjoy your new space........... Good job!!!!!

I going to attempt to add a picture......Well that didn't work. When I hit insert image a prompt comes up and ask me to enter the URL of my image.....?????? Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks

I am very proud of myself, that took me roughly 14 hours from start to finish and I could be shooting low. There were things upstairs I had to do and that always cut into it, plus my younger sister was always coming over with the baby, so naturally I had to make time for baby therapy whenever she showed up...

And I know all too well about the kitchen nightmare. The apartment I just moved from, the kitchen wasn't even half the size of that workspace, so even when I DID make candles, I had two sinks, a microwave, utensil rack, all that was in the way, so my workspace almost quadrupled when I moved in here and set up shop downstairs. I'm not sure how I'm going to act when I get going making candles again and better yet, I can actually use the kitchen for what it's for! :laugh2:

The next task at hand is getting each room with its own candles and fragrances, which is the first thing on my list Thursday and Friday when I have my next days off.

Thanks for the cuphook idea, gottabt, that I will definitely do, I didn't even think about it, great idea!