Pliers for crimping wick tabs

Guest highflier

Have you tried a good pair of wire crimpers. I have got a very good pair we use for wiring our race car and they make a perfect indention in the middle of the terminal. The cheap pair you buy at the auto parts stores only mash them flat. I have got one pair that it puts a very nice deep crimp right in the middle of the terminal. It would probably do perfect for crimping the wick tabs. Look for a wire crimpping tool that has a small protrusion cut in the part that mashes the terminal. In this case it would be to indent the wick tab.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Those are the ones I use, they work great. They take a little getting used to cause they're not at all like the little type pliers you get in the craft section. These have some weight to them, but I love the way they crimp. Mine are about 50 years old so they don't even have the rubber on the handle, but hey, they still work great, and I tried many different types.