Candle Science samples

snow

got my samples last night, just about all of them are great oob. Can't wait to start pouring some. Love Chardoney, Lime Cooler, Med. Fig....just to mention a few so far! This aint good, I see a big order going out in the next few days, gonna be hard to choose I'm thinkin' :undecided Anyone try any yet? Any favorites?

ha ha. Good luck!

I've been trying to stay far away from the fragrance discussions, as I can't buy anything else right now.:cry2: I'm not allowed to even participate in the .99 cent sale.:cry2:

But I can't. I just have to come to get a virtual sniff of everyone's new samples! I can't control this addiction to fo's. So, they take my card away from me. I need a support group. :o Please let me know what you think of the med. fig.

got my samples last night, just about all of them are great oob. Can't wait to start pouring some. Love Chardoney, Lime Cooler, Med. Fig....just to mention a few so far! This aint good, I see a big order going out in the next few days, gonna be hard to choose I'm thinkin' :undecided Anyone try any yet? Any favorites?

The med fig is so good and strong.

Fig forest is fantastic too... I love it!

I am awaiting my samples.... but with previous orders I loved every single oil. Not a dud at all.

Honeysuckle Jasmine is my all-time favorite from them.

Can't wait to get my oils!!

I picked up a few of there samples 2 weeks ago and I was not overly thrilled with any of them except the Black current nectarine, that one was very good. I thought the cinnamon bun smelled like NG cinnamon donuts and the Hansel and Grettles house smelled like nothing at all. The lime cooler was identical to ICS tequila lime and the Lemon chiffon was NG 7 up pound cake. The BNB is the same one snowtop carries just a little less expensive @ candlescience. I would have to test it in my soy but oob and in a tart it is exact. All in all I like the compared fragrances they were just too similar to what I already had.

Got mine this morning! (After stalking the mailman for 2 days). I got 11 samples, but only because Cranberry Marmalade, Rain Water, and Black Currant and Nectarine were out of stock when I ordered... otherwise I would have gotten them too!

OOB, all are great. I'm curious about Lime Cooler in wax as I seem to have bad luck with realistic lime... I love the Strawberry and the Peach. Mediterranean Fig smells good, but it wasn't a love it scent for me (oob only!). My fav out of the bunch is Sage Pomegranate... Lavendar Vanilla also smells great!

-Kristi

Well I got my samples too! OOB...oh my god...nice! I love them all

I will let you know how they went into wax.

Moon Lake- masculine musky scent

Peach- peachy

Mediteranean Fig- heady, musky

Mimosa Mandarin-nice combo

Cucumber Melon-clean

Rain Water-clean

Black currant and Nectarine- heady and fruity

Creme Brulee- yum

Hansel and Gretel sweet with cinnamon

Honeysuckle Jasmine- pretty floral

Fig Forrest fruity

Frankinsence & Myrrh-reminded me of shalimar parfum-Awesome!

Eve

so far I poured Apple jack and peel....LOVE it!

Med. Fig....can't tell yet, but seems to be good

Plumeria....mild floral, which in my opinion is good, I hate strong florals

Next I think I might try ocean breeeze or Chardonnay. Keep ya posted!

I got 11 samples, but only because Cranberry Marmalade, Rain Water, and Black Currant and Nectarine were out of stock when I ordered... otherwise I would have gotten them too!

I love the Black Currant and Nectarine. It's just... nice. I can't even describe it, lol.

I put my order in today so I got in by the deadline. I have been wanting to try their oils for some time so it was a good excuse to order. Can't wait!

They were out of the creme brulee today!:cry2:

They are constantly refilling, so most out of stocks are in by that evening. Try emailing them that you'd like it added if possible. I learned that this time... use the comment section to put your requests in.

-Kristi

• 3 weeks later...
I picked up a few of there samples 2 weeks ago and I was not overly thrilled with any of them except the Black current nectarine, that one was very good. I thought the cinnamon bun smelled like NG cinnamon donuts and the Hansel and Grettles house smelled like nothing at all. The lime cooler was identical to ICS tequila lime and the Lemon chiffon was NG 7 up pound cake. The BNB is the same one snowtop carries just a little less expensive @ candlescience. I would have to test it in my soy but oob and in a tart it is exact. All in all I like the compared fragrances they were just too similar to what I already had.

Hi funkymonkey,

I ran a search for Candle Science and found your post (above). I am glad I did. I just got done test burning Snowtop's BNB and thought I would also order Candle Science to run up against Snowtop's and Peaks before I make a decision. Well, Peaks won over Snowtop in hot throw on this one in the GL-70/30 -- have not tested it in my soy yet. So, if Candle Science is excacly like Snowtop's maybe I should not bother ordering a sample and go with Peaks. I tested some others (can't remember from where now) and I still think Peaks beats them.

Does anyone else here think that Candle Science's Banana Nut Bread is exactly like Snowtop's?

Thanks for any input! :)

Well it's a possibility that they both come from the same manufacuterer. As is with alot of fo's. You never know unless you try them!;)

Yes, this is true. :wink2: Although, if more people think it is exactly the same, most likely it is or at least very close. I was going to break down and make a special order for a sample of it from Candle Science because of the BIG raves -- do not need anything else from there at this time. I try not to get tempted to do this, but since I have a request for a BNB I need to make a decision on one and thought I better try it to make sure I am not missing out on something outstanding. I have tried several and so far I like Peak's the best -- hot throw is the best for me. The raves given could be from those who have not tried Snowtop's and would not know there is another one out there that is the same or very similiar. We'll see. :)

I've tried some others although none of the one's you have mentioned. It is the best one I have found to match the one from a manufacturer that I love. I also watch price and shipping so I don't order from alot of different suppliers once I find what I need. But now that Snowtop is with ICS I may give theirs a try because it's closer and shipping is less!

I've tried some others although none of the one's you have mentioned. It is the best one I have found to match the one from a manufacturer that I love. I also watch price and shipping so I don't order from alot of different suppliers once I find what I need. But now that Snowtop is with ICS I may give theirs a try because it's closer and shipping is less!

I hear ya on shipping. I was getting a little careless about ordering samples alone at times that I shouldn't. lol I have an addiction. :o As if I need more samples to test -- except finding the right BNB. Since this is something I need to find and decide on, I was going to loosen my belt. :D I was just about ready to order the BNB from Peaks as the "one" and then I read the current raves on Candle Science. :tongue2: I am going to run one more test on Snowtop's to make sure I did not have a case of candlenose and may give them both to a friend to compare to make sure. My one friend already gave Peaks a better score than a couple others.....can't remember which ones now. I usually have REALLY good luck with Snowtops oils....especially the bakery ones. I think Peaks may be a little richer. Thanks for the response.

Hi,

To go with your question Holly, I just wanted to mention about Peak's BNB also. I have been using it for a few years and LOVE IT. And have a few customers that will only order that scent and nothing else because they love it too. I know when I seen the raves about CS BNB, I thought - Hmm could it be better??? Am I missing something. I hate to miss things you know. But I had already just received my CS sample order, and had to control myself to not just go out and order some more right away. So I would love to know if anyone has actually compared it to Peak's too.

Hi,

To go with your question Holly, I just wanted to mention about Peak's BNB also. I have been using it for a few years and LOVE IT. And have a few customers that will only order that scent and nothing else because they love it too. I know when I seen the raves about CS BNB, I thought - Hmm could it be better??? Am I missing something. I hate to miss things you know. But I had already just received my CS sample order, and had to control myself to not just go out and order some more right away. So I would love to know if anyone has actually compared it to Peak's too.

Thanks Lightkeeper. Peak's was the first BNB I tested almost three years ago. When I first tested it, it was when I was testing paraffin (before my soy days) and it did well then, but I was not at the point of adding a lot of scents and did not decide. Then I switched to soy and it was like starting all over again. I can't belive it has taken me this long to start testing BNB oils again.

I am with you on the "could it be better?" feeling. I have to control myself too from making orders too quickly from rave reviews. I am getting better at budgeting. :)

Maybe someone else here will let us know their thoughts on both of them -- how much they are alike. I will probably order Peak's BNB in the next few days.

~Holly

I wonder if you had a bad sample of this one? It's a delicious bakery scent that's very strong! One of my favs...and hubby's too.

This one didn't smell like much OOB for me either but blooms when it hits the wax. The one I tried wasn't from Candle Science but I'm suspecting both are stock Belle Aire fragrances.

Just goes to show OOB reviews don't really count for much as far as candlmaking goes.