Cinnamon Red Hot... Help!

jakalex

I poured some testers the other day and one of them was cinnamon red hot FO. It smells really great cold but when I burn it the smell is funky. Hard to describe but it smells like burnt cinnamon.... plastic?????

I have had this happen with another cinnamon type FO before.

Has anyone else experienced a weird hot throw from cinnamon?

CB135

7% FO

RRD wick

Heat wax to 160-170

TIA

Was it WYW? I noticed that WYW's Cinnamon smelled like plastic out of the bottle and it was just the same after I poured it. Yuck! I never even bothered burning it. I wonder if it was a fluke. I can't imagine them selling something that smells like that. :confused:

Was it WYW? I noticed that WYW's Cinnamon smelled like plastic out of the bottle and it was just the same after I poured it. Yuck! I never even bothered burning it. I wonder if it was a fluke. I can't imagine them selling something that smells like that. :confused:

No it is not WYW.

The only red hot cinnamon i've tried is candle science, so can't compare to others.

It smelt great to me, no burning smell, but a nice sweet cinnamony smell - reminded me of these sweets called fireballs we have in the UK!!!! (a few of those will make ur mouth explode!!!!!)

I have contacted the supplier of this oil and they told me to heat my wax to 190 and see if I still get the same smell when burning.

They said it sounded like I was smelling only the carrier oil because the FO did not blend with the wax.

I do not work with any straight cinnamon oils and they said that most of them require you to heat the wax to a higher temp for the FO to blend with the wax.

I will update once I do my test burn.

Candlewic has a great cinnamon stick that doesnt smell funky at all.

I am testing English Ivy from there for a friend who likes HI's. If it is strong I will add the Cinnamon stick to my order!

What temp do you add the Cinnamon Stick FO?

Is it listed in the Ultimate fragrances?

Thanks!

I am testing English Ivy from there for a friend who likes HI's. If it is strong I will add the Cinnamon stick to my order!

What temp do you add the Cinnamon Stick FO?

Is it listed in the Ultimate fragrances?

Thanks!

I heat my c-3 wax to 190-195 and immediatly add FO and color, stir for about 60-90 seconds and then pour right away. Let cure for 2 weeks and it will have the best cold and hot throw.

Candlewic also has a Red Hot Cinnamon fragrance as well in their ultimate section if you are looking for more of a hot cinnamon type. the cinnamon stick is more mild and i belive also has a pinch of other spices added to it.