just some new stuff

comfortscents

Your soaps are always so pretty! I was looking at some molds on a couple of sites last night because I really want to do some feminine and pretty soaps like yours for some of my girlfriends. One was a chrysanthium, but I wasn't sure if it needed to be painted. I've never done any soap painting except for a little mica brushed on a shell soap. Did you paint those tulips, or is the mold constructed so that you can pour different colors of soap?

Thanks. I will continue looking for some molds that will allow me to pour different colors. I think I would prefer that over any painting.

You must have an exceptionally steady hand to do those tulips!!

Those are absolutely GORGOUS!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I love the tulips and the roses best, your soaps are truly amazing....it takes REAL TALENT to pour like you do. The steady hand and the colors of your soaps are amazing. How did you get such a vibrant red? Its hard to believe its even soap they are so pretty. I hope you sell a ton of them!!!

hugs........

thanks guys, my customers actually do use the soaps. If I'm pouring something I know they plan on just using as a display I change around the additives I usually add to my m&p and spray them after they are cooled. I have a tearoom that only uses my sugar cubes on their tables so they've been sitting out for a while and they haven't faded or changed color.

I have Care Bear to thank for the red...it's called Extreme Red and it's from Soap Silly...it does bleed but I can't find anything close to red anywhere else and it's worth the trade off for me. I just this week read someone's about me page on ebay as to why she stopped pouring m&p and went to cold process..it was kind of disparaging to people who use m&p...she totally simplified the process...it's never been my habit to just melt soap base, scent and color. I add a lot to my melt and pour, i.e. coconut milk, powdered milk, shaving cream soap, shea butter and when doing simple bars botannicals and herbs. I actually added a million dollar "umbrella" to my homeowner's insurance when I started selliing soaps and candles. I think I will slowly get out of candles and just concentrate on soap..I had to give up coffee to get my hands steady so now that I'm caffeine free I would rather stick with soap..lol...oh someone asked me about my colors...I just use liquid colors...I can't get the hang of mica and painting so I just pour each bar all the way thru with whatever colors are on the embellishments.