Pour-n-passion candle-seen it?

Michi

I just saw a commercial for this, and it comes in a stainless steel creamer and they show that you burn it until you get a mp, and then just pour it on your hands.

I know we've talked about these candles before, but just had never seen a commercial for them before, and was truly surprised to see this.

It's $29.95 and says that they use moisturizing oils and that it's not greasy etc. and they show these women pouring the liquid candle directly onto their hands :eek:.

I just think this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Oh yeah I have seen that commercial too,,,I was thinking OMG what if they got burned by this,,,a big lawsuit and some plastic surgery,,,,I know that professional nail places do this but they are TRAINED for it,,,not like everyone reads directions,,,I have to constantly remind my customers how long to burn their candles and stuff. I would hate to see how they would use this product!!!!:shocked2:

Maybe I'm just twisted. Well, actually I like to think of myself as twisted, but the point is...

Isn't melted wax one of the slightly kinky things some couples like to play with? Check out the name of this product. I reckon this is a "moisturizer" in the same sense that some of those battery operated devices are "massagers".

;)

Maybe I'm just twisted. Well, actually I like to think of myself as twisted, but the point is...

Isn't melted wax one of the slightly kinky things some couples like to play with? Check out the name of this product. I reckon this is a "moisturizer" in the same sense that some of those battery operated devices are "massagers".

;)

ROFLMBO!!!! Top you are cute!!!!! :highfive:

I don't know about these "candles" but I use to work in a salon and was an esthetician and I had a "melter" for my paraffin dips. It was solid, but then I heated it until it was melted and it had a thermostat. It wasn't too hot for hands or feet. I used to use it all of the time.....it didn't burn....is this the same stuff? Donita

;)

:shocked2: Well I never!!!:laugh2:Well, guess I'll go ask the Mr if we can have a pour n passion session then. hehehehehe Yup, I'll be in the hospital by midnight ...hmmm How would someone explain that 1 to the Doc? :D

I don't know about these "candles" but I use to work in a salon and was an esthetician and I had a "melter" for my paraffin dips. It was solid, but then I heated it until it was melted and it had a thermostat. It wasn't too hot for hands or feet. I used to use it all of the time.....it didn't burn....is this the same stuff? Donita

But a thermostatically controlled device for melting parafin is way different then burning it till you get a mp isnt it? I mean the flame would certainly burn different all the time and from one to the other wouldnt it? I mean if you trimmed the wick if you didnt how long it has been burning etc. I dont know I have a lot to learn about wicking but I think you are gonna finally get to see a justified lawsuit.

;)

Well it's not exactly kinky lol.

But a thermostatically controlled device for melting parafin is way different then burning it till you get a mp isnt it? I mean the flame would certainly burn different all the time and from one to the other wouldnt it? I mean if you trimmed the wick if you didnt how long it has been burning etc. I dont know I have a lot to learn about wicking but I think you are gonna finally get to see a justified lawsuit.

Exactly!! Having a paraffin dip in a salon with a thermostically controlled melter, is waaaaay different than using a "candle" that is wicked.

I mean, who knows how hot that wick they use burns? And Stacey's (DH OR Stacey?? I wish you'd tell us YOUR name or get a siggy so we know who's posting! ;) ) right, sometimes the wick/candle will burn differently from one burn to the next, depending on the level of wax, the container (it's in a STAINLESS STEEL creamer for Pete's sake!!), etc.

I hope they have a good attorney, cuz I just see this as a lawsuit waiting to happen. :eek:

Oh, and yah, I've heard of the dribbling candlewax on the body as foreplay (I guess???), but just don't get it, what's the turn on? I'm thinking that this is for people who are "into pain", KWIM? ;):eek:

I think the website for this product is www.heavensessence.com if I remember correctly from yesterday's commercial. Off to check.....

Edited to say, that that is the wrong addy, but it's something like that, dang it!! I did a search for it and couldn't find it either, although I did find a few others that are selling "skin candles"

Think I'll pass -- heck I spill enough wax on myself as it is

I 2nd that. Between the wax burns and then the heat gun. I have enough burns. My heat gun just got me in between the legs..2 burns right on my thighs. grrrr Then it got me on my arm. I'm an accident waiting to happen Don't wanna get kinky with my wax yet....lol :D

Oh yeah, I can just see how excited my husband would be to see me coming at him with a lit candle...NOT. After the burns I have gotten just making candles, I think I will pass.

I had never even seen the tv commercial nor heard about it, but I am the curious one who would love to actually see it in person. The guy sure poured the was fast on her back at the beginning of the commercial, so I think its a light-n-pour type thing...