Is it possible....

I have lots of problems keeping the wick tabs to stay attached to the bottom of the container when I add the hot wax. I have used the sticky foam, stickums, glue dots and still they come off of the bottom of the container. Then they are not straight and bow this way or that way. Is it possible after the candle has cooled to insert a wick without the tab and have it burn all the way to the bottom? My wax is soft so I don't think it would be a problem getting it in I just wonder about what would happen when the candle burned down. Would the wick fall over ????? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

High temp hot glue works fine for me. If you need something stronger, many use silicone.

The wick will tend to curve and bend as the wax cools. It helps to keep it pulled snug. I use 2 different things, depending on the container. One is two bamboo skewers rubberbanded together. You can get the packs of 100 at Walmart for about $2. The work great for stirring and poking relief holes (pillars) as well. The other is popsicle sticks with a hole drilled in the middle. Poke the wick through the hole and clip a clothespin on it.

I use the wick stick 'em from BCN. Maybe I have a wick come up in 1 out of 200 candles- but that is usually in an occasional tin... I don't wash tins (so maybe alittle dust?)

CLEAN jars are key, we run them all through the dishwasher. Make sure you are pressing that sucker in firmly!

HTH

I had a problem with wick stick ums and glue dots also and switched to using a hot glue gun and have never had a problem since. To keep the wick straight I use a popsicle stick with a hole in the middle and I string the wick through and secure it with tape.

I attach a a clothes pin instead of tape and it works wonderful.

I've been using a glue gun as well. The problem I've been having is with heating the containers (glue comes loose???). I've tried wicking and then heating as well as heating and then wicking - still some of them come loose this way.

I was considering using something I found at hobby lobby (small double sided stick mounting squares) that come on a roll of 500 for $3. Not sure if that would work better or not though.

I've been using a glue gun as well. The problem I've been having is with heating the containers (glue comes loose???). I've tried wicking and then heating as well as heating and then wicking - still some of them come loose this way.

I was considering using something I found at hobby lobby (small double sided stick mounting squares) that come on a roll of 500 for $3. Not sure if that would work better or not though.

Good Price. Lets us know how they work.

I use the sticky gray molder sealer. I put a very thin layer on the bottom of the tab and press very firmly. I have not had any problems with the wick coming loose. I heat my jars at about 175-200 for about 5-10 minutes and pour wax at 165-170. Anyone else ever try this? Julie

Not sure if those would stand up to the heat. I use them for scrapbooking. I use some wickstickums I bought a long time ago from cierracandles, never have had a problem.