My first zippered knitted/felted purse

TexasBrat

I am so excited I finally made a purse and put in a zipper. (Sudsnwicks, don't start getting to excited yet, this wasn't machine sewn in.lol) I planned for the purse to be solid lime green but I realized I didn't have enough yarn so I added my other favorite blue color to the middle as a stripe. I think this is suppose to be a hobo style purse, right now I have plastic bags inside to give it a little shape. Thanks for looking. :smiley2:

post-62-139458418254_thumb.jpg

That is so professional-looking! Im very impressed! I used to hand-sew custom purses a few years ago, and now I wanna get my stuff out again and play after seeing your purse!

You know how cute a diaper bag would look like in that design?!!! I have a friend that would LOVE it!

Thanks yall.

Sorry Suds, I am just skeered to do it...I need to practice a few times first but I will do it. BTW, I have your purse all wrapped and addressed and just need to drop by the po tomorrow. I left yesterday without taking it with me when I went to Target. I didn't go anywhere today but am tomorrow.

Is it possible to practice with the same zipper? I'd feel real bad if you had to waste a bunch of zippers just for me.
Oh ya,that is what I will be doing practicing on old fabric, I wish I had someone who I could watch and learn but I don't know anyone. I know it's not that hard but it will just be practice for me, it's a good thing. :wink2:

Oh ya,that is what I will be doing practicing on old fabric, I wish I had someone who I could watch and learn but I don't know anyone. I know it's not that hard but it will just be practice for me, it's a good thing. :wink2:
Oh that is a good idea, minimal wastage. Actually installing a zip is quite difficult and tricky. I know some folks here who have a sewing business yet they do not do zips.