Floating Pink Rose

Donita

Some of you know that I make roses but today I made a floating one. All of the petals are made individually and then attached. I left my paints and brushes in Virginia or I would have painted the leaves. IMO it makes it look better. I am going to experiment with some other flowers. I found a cool website that gave me ideas.....OH NO.......here she goes again (smile) Donita

post-248-139458418095_thumb.jpg

Thanks Julie.....but I love leaves....someday I will do something with just leaves....I like trees, but they are kinda large....but....knowing me...I could do a 6 foot candle just with leaves. (smile).....When I do the roses....I do dozens of petals and just put them in a box for later use.....Actually, anything you do assembly stlyle works that way....really cuts down on the time. I am working on doing El Capitan.....light it on fire and just see what happens. Of course, I don't want to injure the people climbing...they have enought problems....personal survival problems......but....you know....bigger is better.....:rolleyes2 or so they say. Donita

Donita, I'm one of your biggest funs, I love your work, I think I'm going to ask my kids to get me one of your candles for my birthday, this one is so delicate and at the same time so elegant, I love the colors. Thank you for sharing,

Zonia

Kaybee.....I like darker leaves too....but since I moved....my chunks got mixed up and what I thought was sage was actually lime.....(smile).....I usually paint veins and shading on them, but again.....my paints are in Virginia. This was just a quick experiment with the wax I have. I posted a candle with a rose decoration a long time ago, but you get thie idea of how much better they look if you paint the leaves. But thanks for the compliment. Donita

post-248-139458418159_thumb.jpg