Must have Fo's

SANDY

Looking forward to some replies too! The way I have figured fragrance is a very personal thing and although I would like to do only things I like, from a business point of view I don't think that is practical so I have tried to split it across all the various "categories", i.e. fruit, bakery, floral, clean, spicy etc.

Having said that, for me personally I lean more toward the florals, fruity combos and then Vanilla (I am a bit of a Vanilla freak!!!).

Don't know if this is helpful???

Katinka:grin2:

Well if I just went by my nose I would do nothing but spices and cinnamons... that's why I figured I would ask. LOL.. I have such a large selection now that there are very few that are absolute have to haves.

Every local area is different and so are the buyers that find you. There is no answer other then the basic few and then the several categories being covered. Not sure how much spice will sell in the spring and summer.:embarasse

If we are talking candles I try to have a few in each catagory for my food type scents carrot cake flickersfragrace oils is a great seller, lemon pound cake & orange chiffon cake from KY are great sellers from me, cinnamon vanilla, flickers again,

florals is lilac - by far my best seller in florals - Lezlee simple soothings, Olive blossom - flickers, Hyacinth flickers, then I sell alot of patch and patchouli honey, Spicy lime, eucalyptus mist and straight up eucalyptus, lemongrass, Cedar and spice, etc. During the holidays I sold tons of apple jack, pomegranate, mullberry etc. Creme brule sells good for me all yr. long and so does hazelnut latte, etc. I don't have alot of fruity scents and that is something I have to work on cause I tend to like more of the spicy earthy blends.

Janis Rogers

Don't forget some tropical fruit scents like banana, coconut, and pineapple ...

Vanille Banane - smells like a "banana colada"

Better than Sex Cake - a good pineapple scent

Coconut Macaroons - just like the cookies

Coconut Pear - really nice

Can you tell I love bakery scents? If you order from Daystar ... they have the best Buttercream Frosting. Of course you might need to carry a chocolate/coffee type ... that would be Daystar's Chocolate Silk Frappuccino. Can't help but mention Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Peach Jam Cheesecake, Cinnamon Glazed Baklava, Cranberry Banana Jam ... and, I could go on and on.

Here are some must haves IMO:

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - Daystar - awesome!

Buttercream Frosting - Daystar

Sultry Angel - Candle Cocoon - my best seller

Peony White Tea - Candle Cocoon

Red Clover Tea - The Scent Shack

Southern Vanilla - KY

Vanilla Voodoo - Candle Cocoon

Vanilla of Pearl - JS

Celtic Moonspice - AH/RE

Better than Sex Cake - Daystar

Coconut Cream Pie - Snowtop

Christmas Splendor - Peaks (rename Country Splendor after holidays) It's that good!

Apple Cobbler Delight - FOH

Flannel Sheets and Clothespins from AH/RE

Monkey Farts and Butt Naked from Candlesource are great fruity scents

If I had to choose just a few, this is probably what I would end up with. Of course, I have about 100 oils. It's so hard to choose! Good luck!

Missy

Birthday Cake, Pink Sugar, Love Spell, etc, www.candlesupplys.us.

Buttercream Frosting, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, etc www.daystarsupplies.com

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar www.justscent.com

Too many to name at: www.aromahaven.com

also, check the "bestsellers" lists at these suppliers:

www.naturesgardencandles.com www.fragranceoilheaven.com www.aromahaven.com

You need a few in each category:

Fruity, Floral, Spa, aromatherapy, bakery, drinks/cocktails, tropical, vanillas, musks, cinnamon, designer dupes, Seasonal/Holiday.

Sandy, how many scents do you carry now? What are the best sellers out of those? Is this for candles or b&b?

p.s. Nice to see you posting again!!

Trish, thanks.. I am not working anymore so I can concentrate more on my business.

It is for both. I have close to 100 now and that is just way to many. I have about 5 of what I carry now that will definately stay.

CC-Sultry Angel

SW- Sweet pea and sandlewood

JS- Chesnuts & Brown Sugar

SS- buttery pumpkin pie

SS- orange chiffon

I am going to keep a bunch of single note scents so I can keep mixing my own blends so I guess what I am looking for is just those absolute to die for complex scents.

Thanks

Sandy

Best Sellers and must a haves for my biz are

Ocean

Pink Sugar

Satin Sheets

Lavender

Green Clover and Aloe

Heavenly

Aqua Spa

Cinnabuns

Lilac

Brown Sugar and Fig

Cool Citrus Basil

White Tea and Ginger

Sweet Pea

Chestnut and Brown Sugar

Patch

Eucalyptus

Nag Champa

Amazing Grace

Pink

Olive Blossom

Wendy's Winter Candy Apple

Coffee Scents are taking off.

Pink Grapefruit, I use Serendipities

Also introducing a lot of Solas fo's and have had great responses

Lavender Cuke Sage

Lemon Sugar

Seabreeze

Be Delicious

Lime as a mixer get lots of requests of giner lime. Get lots of fo's from Peaks, NG, Solas, a couple from WSP, Scent Works

of course I am moving into summer spring and also use a lot of dupes for body sprays and soap.