Soap Stuck.. Help Please.....

idacandlelady

30 min won't be long enough. What I usually do is leave it for 2 hrs then take it out and try to push from both ends to loosen it a bit. Then back into the freezer for another 2 hrs, and keep repeating until it's finally loose enough to slide out. It can take up to 8 hrs so gotta be patient.

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has had this happen to them. I actually got fed up and had my husband cut the pipe. The batch of soap was for us anyways so I wasn't really worried about how it looked. Thanks for the tips. I will try them next time I have a batch of soap stuck.

I recommend lining your PVC with freezer paper. If you roll it up pretty tight with the shiny side in and keep it that way with a rubber band overnight before putting it in your mold it will lie flat against the sides. I still squeeze my (small) hand inside and tape the edge down flat but I don't think you really have to.

Some use mineral oil instead, but I haven't tried that yet.

I recommend lining your PVC with freezer paper. If you roll it up pretty tight with the shiny side in and keep it that way with a rubber band overnight before putting it in your mold it will lie flat against the sides. I still squeeze my (small) hand inside and tape the edge down flat but I don't think you really have to.

Some use mineral oil instead, but I haven't tried that yet.

Ha ha. You all are sooooooo witty. I was blessed with slightly smaller than size 5 hands - which means I cannot find gloves that fit, but at least it's a blessing for THIS! If you can squeeze your large ham-hands inside be my guest!!!

BTW, I said it backwards - roll the paper up shiny side OUT overnight, then re-roll shiny side in and slide inside the PVC - it'll lie flat against the side.