Do you pull out your hair also

Does it drive anyone else nuts to the point of pulling out your hair...like it does me....when you spend so much time and effort getting your candles just right..with great scent throw...and then someone comes in and says...wow those candles are really strong...can't you make them so you can just barely smell the fragrance.

Makes me want to pull out my hair...lol

Bill

Jacksonville Fla

Why burn candles unless for the ambiance. I love them strong. People should have enough sense to judge by the cold throw before they buy them to know they will throw strong. I don't do weak candles. I live in a 4200 square foot house I need some strong scents. I usually tell them up front what is a medium to strong scent then they know before they buy.

Two days ago someone was telling me they don't like them too strong. I think, that some people like the fragrance they just don't like to smell it for days on end. I have no idea. All I know is at that moment I was wondering why I was trying so hard to get them as strong as possible.

Well, there are some scents I like, but I wouldn't want them to be overly powerful...Like this one time, I got this big jar candle, I loved the scent in a tart, it wasn't overly powerful. But when I lit the jar candle, it made me dizzy and gave me a bad headache. Same happened to my husband and my mom.

We don't know what it was...Was it just overly too strong? Or was there something else in that candle that was causing it? We don't know, but I think it's been tossed to the trash. Too bad because it was a little pricey...:cry2:

But that could be why some people don't want really strong candles. Or they just want to lightly scent their home. I like both strong and light candles. Just depends on the scents I guess.

Well, there are some scents I like, but I wouldn't want them to be overly powerful...Like this one time, I got this big jar candle, I loved the scent in a tart, it wasn't overly powerful. But when I lit the jar candle, it made me dizzy and gave me a bad headache. Same happened to my husband and my mom.

We don't know what it was...Was it just overly too strong? Or was there something else in that candle that was causing it? We don't know, but I think it's been tossed to the trash. Too bad because it was a little pricey...:cry2:

But that could be why some people don't want really strong candles. Or they just want to lightly scent their home. I like both strong and light candles. Just depends on the scents I guess.

this happened to me yesterday, i was making peach fo, when i opened the bottle, i got light headed, dizzy,headache, and sick to my stomach, it was so overpowering,, i didnt think i was going to get finished, i had the wax melting on low, and in the bathroom puking, i opened all the windows, turned the ceiling fan on, and finally got thru, candles look good and smell good. but i think i will pass the remainder of that peach on to a friend. it was really :Werd: after i got all the scent gone ..i was fine..go figure..

i was making peach fo, when i opened the bottle, i got light headed, dizzy,headache, and sick to my stomach, it was so overpowering,, i didnt think i was going to get finished, i had the wax melting on low, and in the bathroom puking, :Werd: .

Maybe your pregnant!!!!*faint*

this happened to me yesterday, i was making peach fo, when i opened the bottle, i got light headed, dizzy,headache, and sick to my stomach, it was so overpowering,, i didnt think i was going to get finished, i had the wax melting on low, and in the bathroom puking, i opened all the windows, turned the ceiling fan on, and finally got thru, candles look good and smell good. but i think i will pass the remainder of that peach on to a friend. it was really :Werd: after i got all the scent gone ..i was fine..go figure..

That's weird because I have never found a straight peach to have very much smell either OOB, melting in wax or burning in a candle.

As someone who only knows slightly more now about candles than I did a few months ago... I can say- don't feel bad when you hear this. At least for me when I say 'that's too strong' it usually means I just don't like the smell and it's a nice way of saying so. Of course I would only need to say this if I was being given a sales pitch of how great it is at the same time and because I was smelling it. That's just what I would normally say to be polite because I don't think you want to hear that I don't like your choice of Fragrance. Because I realize all noses and prefs are different and I wouldn't want you to think I was making a personal statement...but i'd fear you would think so- so i'd say it was 'too strong' instead, lol... does that make sense?????

Also, I think there are those whose senses are heightened, in this case the olfactory one, lol. Just as an example- DH can hear the most amazing differences in two things that are supposed to be alike, this speaker that song, same song dif speaker, same song same speaker differnt studio recording...etc.. and therefore can not stand to listen to condensed/canned (digital) music. He says it's flat & missing things and itherefore sounds like crap. Where as me- like I give a rats arse what it SOUNDS like?!, lol... it's music...enjoy! Like some people make a living tasting and sniffing things for companies, I think he missed his calling, lol.

Anyways- as long as those who say that are in the minority, just be glad we don't do things for THEM. :highfive: