Ideas for Baby Shower Candles?

Jaye

I am soooooooooooooooo sick to death of "baby powder"!! :lipsrseal I've also been using J & J Bedtime Bath (Soothing Lavender) from The Candle Source, which I love, but even that is now starting to get to me! Moonlight Path is another good one, but I was wondering what else would work for baby blue and white votives (chunks, mottles, rustics and layers)? Have any of you tried NG's Aromatherapy Relaxation? All ideas and recommendations greatly appreciated! :smiley2:

There are not too many other scents that remind people of babies. How about fruity scents for those colors or strictly florals. For white Lilly of the Valley might be okay. I know you and everyone else as candle makers get sick of baby powder. But I tell you if you crack them open in a room full of women especially ones that haven't had babies or have passed those years their hearts still melt when they smell it. I do favors too and my biggest request is always Vanilla. I am so sick of it but I just smile and say sure. So I rebelled a little and bought Extreme Vanilla from Millcreek. At least I can tolerate that a little more.

There are not too many other scents that remind people of babies.

Exactly. That's why I'm having such a problem! :undecided I tried a couple of florals, but they didn't seem to go with the blue too well. But your idea of Vanilla is a wonderful one! I think that is one scent that almost everyone likes. Thanks Stacie! :yay:

OOOH! I haven't smelled that in ages!! Oops... I think I just gave my age away,lol!;)

LOL! My daughter came home from the mall with her friends and was so excited about this new body spray she got insisting I smell it. It was Love's Baby Soft...it's back baby!:D

Jaye: I just did assorted baby theme shape tarts for my niece's shower favors, I used NG's Children's Room everyone loved it. Warning though, it's gag me strong.

I like to mix the traditional baby powder FO with something like Jamaica Me Crazy, and call it Island Baby. I did it w/ both FO's from Peak's. It was a HUGE seller for me in candles and lotion. I had one mom that would order 10- 1 oz Island Baby lotions and 3-16 oz candles each week for her 2-year old girl. I always thought maybe she should tell her daughter to stop wasting so much lotion; LOL!!!

I haven't done many baby shower candles but I always do a mix of Baby Powder and something sitting on the shelf. For example I mixed Baby Powder with Flannel Sheets and named it after a baby girl. The mom always asks for Arielle candles when she orders from me. She is the only one I make this unique mix for.

Children's room from NG.

Not my kids' rooms!!! This is a light floral with alyssum and violets, just a little powder mixed in. Good smell all in all, but Doodlebug (bubble gum and candy) is much more realistic for a children's room smell!!! I mean, it's a good smell, but the name threw me! That's the first thing I did when I smelled it- "not my kids!!!!". lolol

Beach baby is another different baby smell. Kind of ocean, suntain lotion and a little powder.

Personally, I would be thinking the biggest scent behind baby powder would be dirty, stinky diaper :P

So to go with blue?

What about some energy (a nice fruit blend with a touch of mint); ocean isn't overly heavy and neither is Cotton Blossom. You've got the April Downy Fresh line out there too. I also like NG's Spiritual Awakening.

Thank you so much everybody! You've given me some great ideas, including the one of mixing Baby Powder with something else. A lot of you mentioned scents from Nature's Garden, which is great because that's exactly where I wanted to order from! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :whoohoo: