Yellow Rose Basket

Here is another design we did up this weekend in anticipation of spring, ( we bring these out in Red for Valentines Day and various spring colours closer to Mothers Day, however we have a client that wanted some a bit earlier this year.)

I prefer our larger floating roses as far as looks but these fit better in the baskets.

Hope you enjoy.

Wendy

post-148-139458416932_thumb.jpg

I do like that candle and yours looks great.

I'm afraid my customers would say "That's to Pretty to Burn" so I wont waste my time on one time sale items + the extra amount of time that it takes to make these, which would increase the selling price.

I would like to make these but stick with candles I can make and sell in volume, which increases the amount of money made.

Ahhh but Candleman, it is amazing how the pretty ones get them in the door for the looks either for themselves or special gifts but soon they go on to be our regulars for our everyday products as well!

Our customers look forward to seeing the new designs we create on an ongoing basis and for us it makes our work exciting and enjoyable. As well our specialties have brought in numerous wholesale accounts that are looking for a product designed just for them, if they meet our requirements we will make it if possible.

As I have said in previous posts our regular lines of votives, jars and melts are our bread and butter, the staples so to speak but our specialities certainly run a close second and during holiday season surpass all sales.

Each to their own..

Wendy

I'm with country crafter on this...my regular customers don't save their candles for a special occasion because they know I will always pour them more..and my molds are always revolving..I've also cut way back on jar candles (not container candles but simple jar candles) because my customers will spend more on tarts and specialty candles..if I have a plain jar I don't sell it as just the jar..I will handpaint on the jar or find something to insert the jar into. My production is less than others but..not my income as I charge more...my very first item out of the mold is already more than I paid for the mold..for me definitely less is more..supply and demand will never let you down.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, our baskets are popular and since we pour embeds of all types on a daily basis they are not time consuming at all. However as was said above we do charge out on degree of difficulty and length of time to complete, it is all taken into account for our final price structure. As well there is quite a few items we don't wholesale for this reason, too time consuming and we cannot charge out at wholesale rate to compensate for this.

But with all being said and done, if I personally did not get the opportunity to create new designs from start to finish, other than just pouring a jar, votive etc. I would not enjoy this work as much as I do. Many days are spent pouring the basics but the fun ones are the days we get to create! LOL

Thanks again for your comments they are much appreciated!

Wendy