Some stuff I played with this week

BruceCarvesWax

My half and half candle, its endless love and dogwood. Just testing this to see if it could be done just incase I want to make the coffee and donut candles in the future. They came out maybe a little better then I thought they would. Sorry my flash is on the fritz, so its out of focus, but you get the idea.

post-327-139458379838_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Its been 4 years since I have made any of the pie candles, I just don't ever seem to have the time, but decided to whip some out Monday.

I have made blueberry, cherry and pumpkin also, but only did the apple for now. These are one size up from the last ones I made so I need to adjust the price on them up a little. I had sold them for $6.50 before.

The half and half candles are just 2 candles cooled and cut out of their jars, cut in half and the halves switched, heated to go solid again. Heat gun, cheese cutter and just make sure the candles you start out with are level and the same amount of wax. Will not work on all jars, just jars that taper like these do. The amount of cuts you do is only limited to the amount of PIA you want to deal with. I think you could use 4 flavors (colors) and be OK with it.

The mask deal, no I didn't dip my head in wax. I was just playing with a piece of wax that I cut off a piece of glass dipped into the wax and stuck it on my face. It will go back in the black wax soon. Thats my "Garf" picture of the batch. Just an experiment.

Got to get ready for a show now, will check in Sunday night when we get back.

Bruce

OH, just got a idea from the half and half candles!

How about cut them with the ying yang symbol one half black, one white?

Hummm, going to think about this while I'm at the show, that might be a winner. I need to find one of my cookie cutters that are "s" shaped that I can adjust just a little and I might be in business.

Bruce

I'm trying to figure out how you can make the half and half candles so perfect. No luck.

##################################################

It would help if I would read all the posts before replying to a thread. I would never have thought of splitting 2 pillars and rematching them. It takes great precision.

OH, just got a idea from the half and half candles!

How about cut them with the ying yang symbol one half black, one white?

Hummm, going to think about this while I'm at the show, that might be a winner. I need to find one of my cookie cutters that are "s" shaped that I can adjust just a little and I might be in business.

Bruce

Another thing that candle made me think of is the black and white cookies. You know those? They're kinda large and flat, coated with vanilla frosting on one half and darkish chocolate on the other.

The mask deal, no I didn't dip my head in wax. I was just playing with a piece of wax that I cut off a piece of glass dipped into the wax and stuck it on my face. It will go back in the black wax soon. Thats my "Garf" picture of the batch. Just an experiment.
I guess we shouldn't tell anybody that you put your eyebrows back in the pot. All I know is, I'm not buying the yin yang candles.