first post, Picture Hurricanes

Well to be honest if I couldn't see the pic while I was placing it I would be in trouble...I think most people use a metal mold, there's no way I could do it that way so I actually use a polycarbonate clear canister I had setting on the kitchen counter lol it works and so far no one has noticed that it wasn't made in a real candle mold. I've seen clear molds on some of the candle supply sites but the cheapest I've found for this size (5.5" diameter) was about $50.00 so I think I like my canister.

The one that these were made in is actually a 5 1/2" canister I've had for quite a while and I haven't found a replacement for it yet but I have one that makes one a bit over 4 1/2" that I got at hobby lobby I found it next to the wedding party supplies for 6.99 and I printed they're online coupon at 40% off so I got it really cheap and I love it, you can go to www.hobbylobby.com anytime and go to the specials and coupon tab to print a coupon. If anyone finds one in the 5 1/2 size range please let me know where so I can get a back up because buying a real polycarbonate mold online isn't an option at they're prices.(cheapest I've found so far was over 50.00.

Thanks

Donna

VERY nice, Donna! I am struggling with a project similar to this (but with soy/palm blend... I LIKE banging my head against the wall) and have remade it several times. You have inspired me! I am not gonna quit until it comes out looking ALMOST as good as yours!:D

Thank you all very much. I was a bit nervous about putting some pics up because I have seen such beautiful candles on here. I started making candles because I saw a very pretty hurricane online and I have some really great inspiration to give it a a try and as soon as I get a pic made I will show you my inspiration, it's my granddaughter, and grandson. My granddaughter is with the angels now and my grandson was born a year after his sister left us, he was born with very damaged kidneys and has to have a transplant when he's 2 years old. He's absolutely beautiful and a gift from God.

Sorry didn't mean to prattle on.

thanks again for being so nice

Donna

Great looking canes!! Of all things that is the first type of wax I started out playing with dried pressed flowers. I never did get the pic thing down so I started playing with container blends. Your very creative! Keep the pictures coming!

Sending prayers for your grandson!

Great job . One day I want to venture into that side of the candlemaking, but just too damn scared. LOL

I think my canes are easy compared to soap. ( Ive seen some pics of yours they look fantastic) I've never even tried a bar of home made soap I've heard that once you have you can't go back. One of these days I'm gonna get the nerve up to try and make some. The ones I have seen on here are gorgeous.