Heart Containers

Just a heads up if your getting read for vday. Michaels has their valentine stuff out and they have these cute ceramic heart containers in pink, red and white. Would be perfect for candles, I bought a few of them to try out. They are $1 each :)

Will check them out.I might try the heart shaped jars at Wal Mart but had wicking problems and didn't do them this year.Really didn't work on them long or try hard but will this year.I have maybe 10 left over.About the time I get my store cleared out I can't find them at other stores. I only see 6-10 at a time.

I was testing a large votive jar(Wal Mart) and was having no luck.I wanted to try again and wick up.Go back to Wal Mart.Clerk looked and said they were out.Go a couple days ago and they now have the jar.Trouble is I needed it for a Christmas order.Finally did the apothecary jar and just happened to have those from a supplier.I hadn't used them in 3 years.So will stay with those jars now for my chunks.I got good raves.

LynnS

That is a pretty good size jar.

That Wal Mart jar with 3 wicks is a bear.Of course I think a few times I blew mine out before it got a full melt pool.With my jars it always catches up but just gave up on the Wal Mart hearts.Still will try one more time. Also get these and ordering some on-line too I found.

LynnS

• 3 weeks later...
Those heart jars look like they could be double-wicked... ya think?

Tony

I have been testing these . . . I prefer the looks of a triple wick in heart containers so I started with (3) 44-32z's in a 50/50 blend. They were kinda hot for me. I am out of 44-24z wicks so am currently testing with (3) 36-24z's. First test burn yesterday with NG's Lick me all Over burned wonderful. I just re-lit today and will keep you posted. If anyone is successfully single wicking I am curious to know what size wick.Brenda (OH)

Those heart jars look like they could be double-wicked... ya think?

Tony

I've successfully double-wicked, so give it a try. I'd tell you what wicks I'm using, but I don't know how they cross-reference to common HTP wicks. These are branded differently and are listed by size of container to burn them in.