Does this sound scarey to you...

Mnhorsemom

OMG! The sad thing is that I would probably have ordered one of these and not thought anything about it at all before I actually made soap and gained respect for lye. Love the disclaimer at the end....sure hope it helps when somebody gets burned.....

Sandi G

GoodStuff Bath & Body

I was actually thinking about buying this kit to try it out should I not? I told her I always wanted to try it, but was scared of the lye part. She told me it's safe when used properly and was a really easy kit. Maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction, because I really would like to make my own soap instead of the M&P :)

This is the seller I bought what was "supposed" to be goat milk m&p a while back. Instead, I got what I think was some stuff to be rebatched. When I emailed her about it, she then told me she sent me the wrong stuff and would be sending the goat milk and to keep the other. I did try to rebatch the stuff and finally gave up after contacting her again. The response I got from her was really weird. It was as if she mistakenly thought I was trying to order more stuff. I realized I needed to just throw away everything I got because I had no idea what it "really" was.

Not all companies make you fill out a form, only the ones cowering before the government because of the issue of meth production (which is a problem, granted, but treating everyone like criminals when buying lye for soap is ridiculous). I make it a point not to buy from the companies that require forms filled out, it's no one else's business (especially not the govt.'s) what I do.

As for this ebay auction, lol, I hope not too many beginners fall for it, I made some tallow soap earlier this year, my first time, terrified of the lye, but really, it's not as dangerous as I thought it was, just have to be careful. This "easy kit" set of instructions looks harder than what I made from scratch, I didn't have to bake mine. lol

I normally hate to talk about other's business habits and marketing, but I just want to know what kind of a profit she could possibly be making off her items. Ebay is expensive, you have to practically pay to breath while browsing the site, not to mention how much it costs to have a store, list and sell. She is selling 1 pound of soap for $3.15 while most of my bars are twice that price at 5+ oz each. Which means that after Ebay gets their $.60 or so then Paypal gets their $.75 or whatever, she is left with practically nothing. If the 1 pound truly has any shea butter or goats milk in it, just the ingredients cost more than that.

"add 1-2 ounces of water per lb, place the soap in a pan with a lid on the stove top and slowly melt until you get a nice creamy soap base. Now you are ready to add your favorite fragrance and the like. Pour in a mold, wait until it is completely cool, pop it out and you have yourself a bath treasure. Your family and your customers will love it. Some people have remilled this soap in the microwave at 50% power, add 1-4 oz water per pound"

1-4 oz of water for just 1 pound of rebatched soap? Of course the soap base will be creamy, runny in fact:undecided