What'd you do today?

Here's what I did:

Poured about 6 or 7 dozen candles, about 40 votives, packaged and labled 5 dozen, put and order together and produced their invoice (hate doing that part. Weird, I know considering it means $$), read, posted, replied, read and posted some more on Candletec, delt with emails, printed tons of candle tags and soap lables, pulled soap for the Husband to send to someone he's been braggin' soap to, ate once or twice, cleaned the birds' cage (daily) and fed the cats, and the kids, and, and, and, I'm sick as a dog! Can't smell a thing! I've got this red currant FO that about blows ya out the door (too strong for me but it sells like crazy), poured 12 of them tonight; didn't even grab a wiff! Unbeleivable! Gourmet Chocolat too; can't smell a thing! Oh, and can I tell you how much I LOVE pouring hot!! Makes claening out the pouring pot a sinch!

So, what'd you do today?:)

Gretchen

We slept late (11am) but did poured 450 half pint jars between 1pm and 6pm. Feed the dog.... well, I opened the frig door and about 4 lbs of left over roast fell right on the floor. The dog ate VERY well tonight and probably will for a few more days. (small dog) LOL I'm eating birthday cake and ice cream from my birthday a few days ago... yummm.

I need to post a pic of the apple pies I made yesterday, gona do that later.. maybe if I get the camera to work.

Picked up kids from football, school and babysitters.

Not much time for anything else tonight, just play army on the computer and read here for a little while.

Its been a easy day for us..... doing labels Friday, thats the hard part.

Bruce

Spent most of the morning with my sisters making plans for Mom's b-day. The rest of the day was spent working on two wholesale orders, one local for 364 votives, the other, which is going to Washington has a bit of everything we make. Also started re-stocking shelves for a last minute show we signed up for in October.

Got my new order of FO from NG and also got my clamshells from the co-op, made some coconut , some cranberry apple tea containers , and spilled almost a whole lb of melted wax in my floor:rolleyes2 (glad I didn't have FO and color in it)which took a couple hours to scrape up and then took some really hot soapy water and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed to clean up the floor . Got a pillar cooling for my grandson to give to one of his friends for her birthday now I'm gonna do nothing but sit here and hope tomorrow is better.:smiley2:

:(

Went to work, spent most of the day trying to find a $327.14 imbalance in the General Ledger, trained someone how to download information from our system to Excel, surfed the net between phonecalls, ordered some FO from Brambleberry, surfed some more, talked to the accountant in the Netherlands to tell him where his GL problem was....

Went to Walmart to get a backup stick blender at lunch - I know better, shouldn't have bothered. All they have now is some rinky-dink cheapo that probably wouldn't last a week. I swear I'm never going in there again

:(

Then got home and finally lit a candle to test Sandalwood Vanilla w/ a LX16 in a 5 oz juice glass (2.25" wide). Looks like it will work, cool beans. Started to design some packaging for this new item, and started costing it out.

And that's the only candle thing I did all day :( One lousy wick test :)

I worked my regular hours, got a small fund raiser started, went home.... ate dinner, and played Aces High until Survivor came on, then went to bed, and now starting my day all over again at work. lol... Unfortunately I dont have to make that many candles lately. Do to over saturation in my area, I am having to find different ways to get back on track, which is a very slow process... :cry2:

Pouring? Whats pouring? :rolleyes2

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. Today I have to go the main campus of the University I go to and take care of some financial aid stuff. Financial aid is a PITA. :rolleyes2 Tomorrow we are going to look at Jeep Grand Cherokees for ME! YAY! I think I am going to get rid of my minivan this weekend. I tell DH everyday that I am too young to drive a minivan. He just laughs and calls me his MILF. LMAO (If you don't know what MILF means, watch American Pie. :shocked2: ) I also have to pick up the dog at the vet, cause he is there getting a bath. Me and my mom and aunt and little one are going shopping again today. I'm taking them to lunch. We also have to go get a new dishwasher this weekend. And I have a ton of homework to do. So does hubby. I've also got to get my Levine order together for the co-op.

Like I said, what is pouring? :P

Wow, all you guys are so busy!!

Yesterday I made a coke glass with ice cubes, (gel) made some mp soap to test KY's non-discoloring vanilla (yes, it works!!) and cut up 96lbs of mp soap for an order I have, broke up 2 cases of each wax I use to make some pillars, containers, votives and carvings, made 2 baby bottle candles, and about 5 lbs of melts..

So mostly all I did was prep work. The productive work will happen this weekend..

Got my 600 clamshells from the co-op. I tried sleeping some but it just is not going to happen!(Food allergies). I have a meeting tonight until very late. Will try to start pouring some clamshells tomorrow.

Trimmed and capped 18 candles!

Labled about 60 candles.

And I have yet to eat today it's 4:00pm

Play it safe! PB & J:D