Which container wax

I think Bitter Creek North offers container blend samples, so that you can try a few out and see which you like.

You can also do a few searches on this board and will find that every body has their own favorite. You will find your own favorite, too, it's just a matter of trying several out to see. No wax is perfect...some are not easy to wick, others are easy to wick but are not one pour, some are easy to wick and are one pour but don't have great hot throw, some are messy to work with but have great cold and hot throw...so it's a matter of what factors are most and least important to you as the candlemaker. :grin2:

The other variable is wicking. It the same thing, none are perfect, some mushroom more than others, some soot more than others, so get a sample pack, again Bitter Creek carries them as do other places, and see what you like. Good luck

Just depends on what you are looking for in wax, but as far as ease of use, alot of people have good luck with parasoy blends. I use all kinds of wax depending on my needs at the moment, LOL! Not sure where you are located but most suppliers offer 1 or 10 lb samples you can buy for testing. Several will even send you out free samples. I suggest getting several and playing with them to see what you like. Once you find one you can live with, then you can come back here and read what others do to tweak it. :wink2:

I just started using IGI 6006 its a parasoy blend. Seems to be a easy wax to work with. It was a nice one pour with a nice pretty top. Not sure about wet spots as I am pouring tins. Just buy one slab at a time until you find what you like. I order from candlescience, they have a handy wick calculator now to give ya a idea of wick sizes to start with.