New York bans soy

Okay, who's brave wnough to make a lard candle? (Certified, organic, free-range runts only!)... it shouldn't be too different than making a candle out of a stick of butter which was talked about here earlier... We might be on to something... Pig wax... I like it.

Are you kidding me? As soon as I get my hands on some lard this candle is as good as made. Now that soy is being outed as the junk food shortening that it is, I'm gonna be at the forefront of the new pig wax candlemaking movement. Organic free-range runty pig wax. Out with the trans-fats, in with the saturated fats.

BITE YOUR TONGUE, GEEK:tongue2:

I wouldn't worry to many religeous churches, synagogues and temples use candles. If they would actually worry about the health effects of burning a candle over bringing down the carbon levels from industries and automobiles then there needs to be a great turnover in the EPA.

Are you kidding me? As soon as I get my hands on some lard this candle is as good as made. Now that soy is being outed as the junk food shortening that it is, I'm gonna be at the forefront of the new pig wax candlemaking movement. Organic free-range runty pig wax. Out with the trans-fats, in with the saturated fats.

Okay, I am waiting for this candle. And pics. Anyone have any suggestions on what FO goes well with pig wax???

Okay, I am waiting for this candle. And pics. Anyone have any suggestions on what FO goes well with pig wax???

Barnyard Romance

Hogslop

Pull my Finger

Fresh Mown Hay

White Corncob

I lost my chewing gum in the chicken yard, and I thought I found it, two or three times.

Q. Why are there white and red corncobs in the outhouse?

A. You use a red one, then a white one to see if you need to use another red one.

Your geek :grin2:

Humanely liposuctioned from the porkers, natch. :D

I can hear you all saying it...

"Top, what's the holdup?"

Naturally you're excited about the launch of EcoSwine.

Unfortunately it's going to take a little longer than I thought. I went to four supermarkets. Apparently they haven't heard about the new pig wax trend and are not yet selling the material I need. I'll have to start checking into the latin bodegas.

Top, please, no excuses. I look to you. You can't find lard? Ok, you are in NYC. Reasonably, not the lard capitol. If you are truly dedicated to this project, you must endure. I don't know if you are ready to render lard. The WAX GEEK card (up for renewal) does not cover pig wax....