Has anyone ever used pillar

I think I used it for my first container I made. I had no clue about candlemaking then, was using the Yaley stuff. That candle had a funky

smell, like cough syrup. So I never really burned it much. You can always give it a try, cant hurt to much:). I would think it would maybe just need a bigger wick and might seperate a little from the jar.

Pillar wax has a higher melting point than container wax; which is generally a softer, lower melting point wax. Pillar wax is "designed" to burn with a smaller melt pool than container wax, if you use the pillar wax for a container candle, plus the proper wick size designed for candle diameter, you may find that the wax will not give you a large enough melt pool so that your candle will have a nice scent, instead, the burn will be straight down the center of the candle, instead of extending to the edge of the container.

HTH:smiley2:

You can't go much bigger than a votive cup because the flame to melt it across would be too tall for a container, but a lot of the small votive candles are made with pillar blends or mid-melt paraffin. You can also pour directly into the cup instead of making the candle separately. If you use plain paraffin that mottles and FO, it could even stick to the glass (more or less).

Depending on the type of pillar wax you use, it works fine for container candles. I have used my eco soya pb in containers (mini masons, wide mouth ball 16 oz, 10 & 16 oz apothecary) but do upwick at least two sizes from what I would have in that jar if I just used container wax. Works great!!

The nice thing with a pillar wax is the ability to make a grubby/chunky candle. One that is whipped till chunky then poured..pillar wax is best for that.

Just experiment...that is all one can do.