Pear Soap

dublon

I just got asked from someone..an elderly lady..if I made pear soap. Apparently she has very delicate skin (she can't even wash with a face cloth), and she said that this soap was almost the only one that she could use. But now she can't find it anymore.

I don't make CP yet....but do make M&P with goat's milk!

Is there a recipe around that I could try??

From what I can remember, there was Pears soap... an oval gylcerine bar..way back when. But I don't think that this is what she is looking for.

She told me that when she was a girl, the soap was made from real pears.

Would pouring some clear gylcerine and adding a pear FO cut it???

I'm sorry if this might sound like a stupid question... and I have done a search, but haven't found what I'm looking for!

Can someone help please??

TIA

I would say by the sounds of it she wants CP soap and maybe not even scented w/ FO. The scent would only come from the actual pears used if she's that sensitive like you described. CP can be made that's so mild that a baby could use it, where as your M&P has additives that may bother her.

Thank you for responding!!:)

Oh darn!!! And I'm petrified of CP 'cause of the lye.... Plus the fact that it is really hard to find here in Canada....where I am anyways! I can only find the small cans of lye and they are really expensive... 10.00$ for one at Home Hardware!!

They still make and sell Pears soap.

Here are the ingredients: Sodium Palmitate, Natural Rosin, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Rosemary Extract, Thyme Extract, Pears Fragrance Essence

My previous next door neighbor is now 79 years old. For the first 2 years I made soap, she'd talk and talk and talk to me about this soap. I finally searched it out on the internet and bought some for her. Not saying it's any better than my soap, but for her, nostalgia means more than my soap ever will. Bought her 6 bars, wrapped them up and had her son seek them under her Christmas tree signed by Santa. I don't think the soap was very expensive at all, under 20 for the soap and shipping to me.

I don't think they are MP bars. I think they are the kind of soap that has alcohol added to it and it makes it translucent. I believe the alcohol is not in the final bar, therefore not listed as an ingredient. Brambleberry use to sell a book on making transparent soaps, not sure if they still do.

rosin is what violinists use on their bows...

Sandra, you are considering doing MP right?

Carebear,

No I am going to try and make the translucent soap that looks like the Pears Soap using the oils listed above. I found a recipe for making CP transluscent and it looks like M&P.