Grrr. I quit!!!

heirloomoriginals

Okay, so I had about 2 oz of Green Tea and Rose (Backwoods) FO left (I had to throw away the other batch because it had HUGE lye pockets). So, I have everything ready, including my FO and my soap comes to a light trace. I am getting my colors ready in my dixie cups and go to reach for my FO to put into my plain batch and it ate through the cup and was all over the counter! I have green and pink mixed up, so I grabbed my rose tester (bw) and some green tea blend (BCS) and throw those in my uncolored soap. Well, while doing that, my colors sat up too fast. I glop my pink in my scented batch and pour about 1/2 in my log mold. Glop the green on and try to swirl. Glop the rest of the plain and pink in and glop the remaning green on. It is covered now and i hope it turns out okay. I have more GT&R on the way, so hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

I want to make some Kitchen Soap, but don't know if I should push my luck today or not. It definitely feels like a Monday. I will post pics of my screwed up soap as soon as it is unmolded!

Steph

I am getting my colors ready in my dixie cups and go to reach for my FO to put into my plain batch and it ate through the cup and was all over the counter!

One thing about these mistakes is you only make them once! I did the exact same thing except with styrofome cups! What a messs!!

Just goes with the rest of my day. Dh pulled into the driveway and all I heard was squeaking! His alternator went. And, to boot, we have had water in our brand new addition (basement will be our bedroom and upstairs will be living room and kitchen). It had been leaking all summer and we thought we took care of it, but... We started to lay the carpet on Friday, but thankfully didn't get to finish because of numerous issues and dh had to pull up the padding we had already laid because it was soaked. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so hopefully it will dry up (we have a heater down there too).

Just one thing after another! I made some kitchen soap, so hopefully it will turn out okay!

Steph

I had that happen with some dixie cups, now I use some stainless steel cups I got from the restaurant supply for measuring FO and other small ingredients for my soap. Linens and Things also sells a nice small set of stainless steel cups as well that I think hold about 2-3 ozs. Also, florals tend to accelerate quicker, so I soap them cool with a very small water discount. I usually pre-measure all of my ingredients such as my cream, colors, FO's and such while my oils are melting or cooling, saves me time when it comes to putting the batch together. I have had days like that, chin up, it will get better. :grin2:

We have all had or will have days of "duh". I've only just started with CP Soaps, but have decided that swirls are not in my vocabulary (or my soaps...lol). But I will keep trying to something with it. I had a real pretty almost swirl and pretty colors, but forgot to add my fo :cry2: !! Iwas sooo mad.

Hope your soap comes out o.k. anyway!! Your kitchen soap as well. Steph in tx

Steph, I've had days like that too. Also did the melt the plastic cup routine. Now I use the glass flowerpot votive cups to measure & hold my goodies. Maybe we should have a sticky about not using plastic cups since we've all done it. LOL. Help the newbies. :cheesy2:

Glo

Just goes with the rest of my day. Dh pulled into the driveway and all I heard was squeaking! His alternator went. And, to boot, we have had water in our brand new addition (basement will be our bedroom and upstairs will be living room and kitchen). It had been leaking all summer and we thought we took care of it, but... We started to lay the carpet on Friday, but thankfully didn't get to finish because of numerous issues and dh had to pull up the padding we had already laid because it was soaked. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so hopefully it will dry up (we have a heater down there too).

Just one thing after another! I made some kitchen soap, so hopefully it will turn out okay!

Steph

I feel for you on this one! Had the exact same thing happened to us after we added two brand new bedrooms in the basement, new walls,new carpet & new tiles. We moved all the beds & furnitures down there and within two weeks our water heater gave out!Go figure! We never had a problem once with that darn thing ever. We had to hire a guy who brought in 3 major dryers to dry everything up.

Hope everything will lighten up for you from now on!

Forgot to mention, that when you accidentally run out of an oil and then just start throwing stuff into the mix without umm recalculating it ... we'll talk then too, lol. Only thing is, it worked for me, but man the chastising I got from my teacher! I think I nearly killed her with my what if you do this questions and she responded with simply don't. Of course I would say, yeah but what if you already did?

Soaping has become a great lesson in frustration for me. My witching hour to make the stuff used to be between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. (I cussed less then).