IGI wax question...

Kay

I have started with paraffin straight wax..now i THINK i'm ready to venture out into blends. I visited Lonestar's website. They give explanations on all their waxes which I love. I did some comparing on thier waxes. Here's what I got...

IGI 4630 Container blend....anyone suggest this?

IGI 4625 Pillars..can I still do rustics & such with these waxes & have them turn out? It says they are smooth & creamy.

What do you think about these?

I'm buying a small amount to test out, but wanted to see what others thought first.

Thanks, Kay

I have used IGI 4630 b4 and there are two things I found with it that I do not like, one is that it does not burn as clean as what I am used to. I am used to using a CD 12 in my 16 oz mason jars and with that wick and this wax I get terrible mushrooming. It does burn even but not clean at all. HTH:D

I use the 4786 - That is the only container wax I use and the htp wicks - results have always satisfied me enough not to switch - which means I really like it. I use the 4625 for pillars and votives and use the zinc wick with these, trying the hemp wick which I might start using. The zinc and hemp stand up straight when burning and not bend like htp (which that is fine in container) but not in pillar. Will make pillar burn lop-sided! I only use these 2 wax, if I do mottled I use the IGI 1274 plus 2 TBS Steric pp. Don't want lot of different waxes to have to worry about where to store - have enough of that with containers. Love to use a lot of different jars, trying to narrow it down but that is hard to do. hth

The 4627 comfort blend does not soot for us and we produce alot of candles a week. If you keep the wick trimmed it burns clean and evenly with the proper wick size, with some oils we have to wick up or even double small wick to get them to burn properly. A couple of FO's require a double big wick! All of our candles are done in 16 oz mason jars. I do find that sometimes mushrooming is a pain but I just trim the wick every time I light one.

Iuse this wax sometime to I found that I do like the 4786 better but if you just want to try this wax you can go to this wbsite and they have 5lbs slabs that way you will come out a little cheaper. cierra candles

Thank you..I was wondering where I could get 5lb slabs..everywhere I have looked only has 10lb slabs..

Thanks again

I like the 4630, it sets up so nice. Very smooth tops, I pour at 160. It is a little harder to wick, but you just have to see what wicks you like the best. So far for me zinc wicks have worked nice. I am testing some now with a 44z in a 2 1/2 inche jar. Its burning nice and clean so far.

I tried LX wicks, and they didnt work well for me.