Rustic help....Please

kdmorgan

I need some advise for my rustics :o I used 1343a, 3 Tbsp Stearic, 1 oz pp of Smores FO. I used a new mold and coated it with cooking spray (thought I wiped it out good) If you look at the bottom of the pillar it looks like it has jumplines but it is actually pinholes :angry2: all in nice little rows! The top is pretty marked up too. Does anyone know how to avoid these problems?

TIA,

Kim

[ATTACH]9029[/ATTACH]

post-4460-139458412475_thumb.jpg

Hi Kim, first of all, I like you rustic very much.

In these days I was doing various experiment, and I got the best result without spraying the mold.

I just cleaned from the previous pour with a heat gun and paper towels, then I poured the new pillar. I got less pitts and pinholes than before. Maybe you can try and see what happens.

HTH

36_1_39.gif

Hi Kim, first of all, I like you rustic very much.

In these days I was doing various experiment, and I got the best result without spraying the mold.

I just cleaned from the previous pour with a heat gun and paper towels, then I poured the new pillar. I got less pitts and pinholes than before. Maybe you can try and see what happens.

HTH

36_1_39.gif

Thanks Sabrina,

I was wondering if it had something to do with the spray (especially at the top). I'll leave it out next time and see what I get.

What kind of wax is this? The palm rustics that we make always have the most FASCINATING patterns and stuff... not just the crystals, but the jumplines and the rows of pinholes... I revere those imperfections! I am always so disappointed when I pour one that is perfect and has no character...:tongue2: