Fish in a bag and rubber ducky soap.

Terrie

Hopefully it's okay to post this link. If not, mods, please remove this. :)

http://www.soapcrafters.com/recipes_goldfishbag.htm

This is where I learned to do mine, but I don't put any dye in mine. And actually, since doing these, I have found that it's much easier to do aquarium soaps which is pretty much the same concept, but you put it in a square clamshell with white MP on the bottom for the sand.

Anyway, HTH. :)

I have a thread in the gallery somewhere showing the pan I used behind the duck and frog embed. Its easy... I used a silcone cupcake mold. I filled it more than 1/2 way full w/ M&P soap, then let in set up. Once set, spray with rubbing alcohol add your duck then pour more M&P around the duck. The r.a. helps the layers to stick together. You can do any scent and color you want. If I'm patience I'll sometimes add "bubbles" by using a potatoe peeler that's just for B&B use (gotta add that fact to cover myself) and "peel" some white M&P and curl the peels to make bubbles. Hope this makes sense. These are lots of fun to make!

I made some last year and what I did was to add some soap to the bag and keep it spread open and let it set a bit, then I put the fish in part way and spritzed with alcohol and added another layer of soap. I like the way the soap came out almost like a bar of soap rather than a blob of soap.

fishysoap.jpg

I also made fish in a globe

fishyglobesoap2.jpg

Those are very nice TexasBrat. I imagine the smaller size makes it easier for little hands to use. Someone else posted a picture of fish in soap a few months ago. She made them in a long pan and after they were hard, she cut them. They were so cute. They are probably still in the gallery. I think it was Grumpy Girl but not sure. Sorry if I'm giving the wrong person credit. It was a great idea though.

We do our rubby ducky soap a bit different. It'a s 4.5 oz bar, and we sell it as a soap and soap dish set. Of course, we use the little aloha ducks.

We pour our base into a mini galvanized washtub, then pop the duckies in. Once set-up, we simply place in a cello bag and add a header card. I should add that the mini washtubs comes with a clear plastic liner inside.

BTW, for those who are wondering, keiki means kids in Hawaiian.

keikiquackersmu9.jpg

You win hands down for theeeeee CUTEST duck soaps !!!!!!!!!!!

You know when you post on here your ideas for fair game -LOL :D

They REALLY are adorable! I was wondering about pouring in that tub but the lining solves that question. I just LUV everything about this product.... the tub, the theme, the name, etc. :bow: !!!! Actually the few things you've posted are AWESOME!! You need to post more of your creations in the gallery :yes: you do such amazing work!

We do our rubby ducky soap a bit different. It'a s 4.5 oz bar, and we sell it as a soap and soap dish set. Of course, we use the little aloha ducks.

We pour our base into a mini galvanized washtub, then pop the duckies in. Once set-up, we simply place in a cello bag and add a header card. I should add that the mini washtubs comes with a clear plastic liner inside.

keikiquackersmu9.jpg

These are so cute! I love these! Where do you get the tubs?

Thanks for sharing!

Hopefully it's okay to post this link. If not, mods, please remove this. :)

http://www.soapcrafters.com/recipes_goldfishbag.htm

This is where I learned to do mine, but I don't put any dye in mine. And actually, since doing these, I have found that it's much easier to do aquarium soaps which is pretty much the same concept, but you put it in a square clamshell with white MP on the bottom for the sand.

Anyway, HTH. :)

What is the purpose of these little fish in a bag? They are cute but what do you do with them? Are they just for looks?

keikiquackersmu9.jpg

OMG!!!! How CUTE are those.....Please share where you get the tubs.

country creek I guess the "purpose" of all these differ soaps mentioned on this thread is to get little ones in the tub to clean them. Each soap here, including the "bag of fish" is real M&P soap so the kids (and some adults :D) can have fun while using it to wash w/. Hope I'm understanding your ?

I still can't get over CC's tub creation (I say POST MORE PLEASE!!!) :wink2:

You win hands down for theeeeee CUTEST duck soaps !!!!!!!!!!!

You know when you post on here your ideas for fair game -LOL :D

Glad you said this, cause I'm gonna use some of your ideas!! lol

They REALLY are adorable! I was wondering about pouring in that tub but the lining solves that question. I

I have a TON of these little tubs (got them thinking they were something else) But I have no liners with them. I wonder if the liners are sold seperately somewhere? Even 1 or 2 would be great because you could use them as a mold. I'll have to check into this!! :)

Thanks for the kudos. :)

You guys can copy these to your hearts content. You just can't use the title, Keiki Quackers, or I'll have to get ugly with ya. LOL.

I get the little tubs (with liners) from Buhi Imports (Ohio). They are item #BY874-1, if you just want to place the item number in the search feature. Here's their link:

www.buhiimports.com/wholesale

Interestingly, we sell the majority of these to adults who are purchasing them as a gag present for other adult friends who collect ducks. The next group who purchases these are the grannies, who can't pass them up as a goodie for little Suzy or Mikey. :)

Glad you said this, cause I'm gonna use some of your ideas!! lol

:angry2: YOU BETTER NOT!! :neener: What would I have that you'd like to copy? Whatever it is knock yourself out :D. All kidding aside most everything I have is out there somewhere, ex: I was sooooo excited when I came up w/ embeds on top of my tealights and one trip to Walmart ruined that when I saw they had thee same exact embed on tealights I had on mine.:undecided

I looked at the link you supplied, but the item information doesn't mention liners--is that a separate item?

I've bought the little tubs locally (at Wal-Mart) and what I was particularly interested in was the liners, because I couldn't figure out how to remove the soap otherwise.

TIA,

Jane