Joy wax??

I just used this in a bunch of containers (used a case worth)... I really like it- it's smooth and creamy and does throw really well. So far in my testing, I'm loving it with NG's Butter Brickle, Blueberry Muffin, and Black Cherry bomb. Oh, and Cranberry Spice and Ginger Bergamot (aka Daddy's deodorant in my house). Those are my scents that seem to be much stronger than others- I have a BUNCH left to test too though! I went ahead and poured about 55 different fragrances (for the fun of it!!!) so they could cure for a good long time before I get to them. I just got into this because I was spending way too much on disappointing candles. This time I just used the same money I would have spent over a year and bought the stuff to make them- no one told me how much fun it would be and how addicting it is though!!!!I got a case about 2 weeks ago and that batch is a fresh one (mixed end of september I think) so any issues they may have had with it seem to have been worked out already.Have fun!!! :-)-Kristi

• 2 weeks later...

I use NG's Joy Wax and wouldn't have it another way. I love this wax. I have used other waxes when I first started making candles but have yet to find any that's better then Joy. Less wetspots and lots of throw. I just poured Gingerbread from NG using Joy and can't wait to test it. My whole house to selling like a big cookie.:cheesy2:

I've used Joywax since it came out and I love it! I am one of the ones who got a bum batch lately....lots of frosting and cracking, but fixed with a little Crisco thrown in. Just pour a few test jars from each case and you should be good to go. (I guess that answers your question....the hot/cold throw is so good with Joy that I put up with that stuff just because it is that good and don't want to switch!! LOL)

I too have heard good things about this wax. Is Joy wax a one pour wax or do you need to repour?

I pour once and my containers candles are GREAT. I'm always concern about that because that's all I make are containers candles most of the time and I don't have alot of time for wetspots.:undecided This wax work great for me.

First, thanks for all this great info!

And...do you find that the wicking is easy or is it a bear to find the right wick to go with the right wax/fo/dye combo?

This issue is one I am dealing with right now with another wax I am using...

For me, wicking wasn't too bad. Once I decided to stick with one series, I had no problems at all. Now you still have to test with any wax you use and I'm sure you know that. But I too have heard of so many people having problem with wicks. And it depends on your jars. I starting out using CD wicks but they didn't work too good for me. So now I use zinc and in all of my test they work great. Some I may need to wick up or down but for the most part, I'm normally right on. Hope this help.

This has helped. I've tried two container waxes so far for my mason jars, and while I probably need to work with them a little more, I was honestly hoping for better results! The first was a re-pour wax, and the second has wick issues. So I will consider this one..

Thanks all!

I liked Joy Wax but then switched because I didnt' like the slab. But I do have to say I loved the nice even creamy tops every time you poured. I still have candles from when I used that wax, the cold and hot throw are amazing. I guess like any other candle the longer it cures the better.

Mindy

For me, wicking wasn't too bad. Once I decided to stick with one series, I had no problems at all. Now you still have to test with any wax you use and I'm sure you know that. But I too have heard of so many people having problem with wicks. And it depends on your jars. I starting out using CD wicks but they didn't work too good for me. So now I use zinc and in all of my test they work great. Some I may need to wick up or down but for the most part, I'm normally right on. Hope this help.

Did you find that the zincs mushroom more than others? I'm trying all kinds of wicks in my 70/30 soy/para blend and they all mushroom too much for me. What type of blend is Joy Wax? Is it soy/para?

For every wick I have tried, I've have had a slight mushroom thing going on. But in the zincs, I've have had less problems with this. It's actually not even a problem because the mushrooming isn't bad at all. With some of the other wicks mainly CD's I've had to worry about soot. So I thought I would take a slight mushroom over soot anyday.:undecided Now it also depends on your jars and your FO. Some FO's are heavy and some are light. So try and keep that in mind too. Good luck.

I liked Joy Wax but then switched because I didnt' like the slab. But I do have to say I loved the nice even creamy tops every time you poured. I still have candles from when I used that wax, the cold and hot throw are amazing. I guess like any other candle the longer it cures the better.

Mindy

Okay, Mindy, so what wax did you switch to?