Cute Christmas Containers

Has anybody found any? It just seems like there aren't any really cute things out this year. Just the same old thing. I am totally uninspired. I just went through my favorites and went candle place by candle place looking for some holiday jars. Nothing. Anybody found anything good? Well good that they don't mind sharing? I already did the painted jars at Aztec and I really do not like the cannister type jars that are new there this year.

Thanks!

I have found a Snowman jar(21 ounces) and lots of crocks(12 ounces) at Candles and Supplies.I started to get them last year but didn't.This year was asked by a couple people for them.One friend said she wants 7 already sight unseen.

For some coffee mugs(saw one 2 weeks ago at Wal Mart and now they have 8 more designs).REALLY REALLY cute patterns and thinking aobut those now.I just don't have alot left with shows and my website is getting nowhere but will chance it and maybe with these being different people will want them.Check out Wal Mart and fill those mugs with coffee, hot chocolate and cappuccino.Ideas are endless.

.I am sure you will get more answers and we both can learn.I learn things everyday.I am used to buying my supplies near me.Not these crock items or some scents I like.

Forgot BCN has a Santa jar.Same cost as the Snowman at Candles and Supplies.

HTH

LynnS

Thanks I'll check them out. I got spoiled two years ago when Dollar Tree had those fantastic crocks. Then last year I did great with the painted jars from Aztec. This year is taking more work to come up with something cute. I pulled out some things I bought at walmart on clearance after Christmas last year so I will work on those while I check out some other places. I can sell $10 gifts all day long but that means I can't pay much for the container. kwim?

Guest amynleebishop
I have found a Snowman jar(21 ounces) and lots of crocks(12 ounces) at Candles and Supplies.I started to get them last year but didn't.This year was asked by a couple people for them.One friend said she wants 7 already sight unseen.

For some coffee mugs(saw one 2 weeks ago at Wal Mart and now they have 8 more designs).REALLY REALLY cute patterns and thinking aobut those now.I just don't have alot left with shows and my website is getting nowhere but will chance it and maybe with these being different people will want them.Check out Wal Mart and fill those mugs with coffee, hot chocolate and cappuccino.Ideas are endless.

.I am sure you will get more answers and we both can learn.I learn things everyday.I am used to buying my supplies near me.Not these crock items or some scents I like.

Forgot BCN has a Santa jar.Same cost as the Snowman at Candles and Supplies.

HTH

LynnS

Do ya'll have a lot of luck selling candles in coffee mugs? I tried using the mason jar mugs last yr and no one really seemed interested in those. Although, the idea sounds great, I am just wondering how well they will sell.....I just started making the cappucino burlee scent and my friends love it so maybe I will go to walmart and try your idea. Thanks:p

Michael's had these cute little loaf pans last year, and they had fall/Thanksgiving ones again this season. So I'm assuming they will stock the Christmas ones again as well. They aren't hard to double wick. hth

I love those little loaf pans...very cute!

Our Michael's didn't have the Christmas ones yet, but I am hoping they come in soon. I tried to double wick one last year, but it had too much wax left. I need to decide whether to wick up, or try triple wicking.

Michael's had these cute little loaf pans last year, and they had fall/Thanksgiving ones again this season. So I'm assuming they will stock the Christmas ones again as well. They aren't hard to double wick. hth

I love those little loaf pans...very cute!

Our Michael's didn't have the Christmas ones yet, but I am hoping they come in soon. I tried to double wick one last year, but it had too much wax left. I need to decide whether to wick up, or try triple wicking.

Don't have my notes handy, but I probably used either two 51 z's, or perhaps two 60 z's with the heavy spice scents. I got FMPs in my test burns. :) hth

Amy

Never have tried the mugs but did have my biggest customer last year ask me for Christmas item but never did any.She will want something bigger than that so going with crocks and now friend wants 7 of those(Although she has money she might not want to pay what they are worth).Mugs mostly at shows I think would go.They are going to be the cheapest with the cost of mug, amount of wax and no shipping.The crocks and Snowman will cost more.I am not going to be cheap/cheaper like I have been in the past.I will figure MY COST.

My pumpkin jars went fast and I didn't make alot.Did not want to go overboard.Just want something different for customers than the typical jar and they are festive.Nice for those holiday get togethers.Also for my website that so far is going no where.I do better sitting at home or craft shows.

LynnS

Don't have my notes handy, but I probably used either two 51 z's, or perhaps two 60 z's with the heavy spice scents. I got FMPs in my test burns. :) hth

Thanks for the tip - I use LX's, so maybe that is the difference. Hey, what would my life be if I didn't have half a dozen "test burns" that I had to do?!?!? What would I do with all that time?!?! LOL

Thanks again....Jane

My day was awesome.I look out to see if UPS came.He hadn't so about 10 minutes later decided to head to Wal Mart for mugs.Up the driveway comes UPS.I told him I just checked and WaLa now you are here.He asked if I make candles and of course YES.Only shows and don't get out and sell/market much.Website is slow but have repeat customers.He says other candle people close me.I said Yes I know.He sure had a load he was carrying up my drive.I think I will see if (as a courtesy) he can accept one of my candles next time he delivers.Just leave it out.Probably not the same guy but I don't care just whoever delivers.I always have left overs after craft season.

So I have all my jars now and excited.Just in time for a show I wasn't sure I was doing till NOW. So off to do alot tonight.Make candles and will be burning candles most of the night to see how they burn.I am always doing last minute things but cannot turn this show down I am the ONLY candlemaker.I wasn't going to get in(full) and I said Well that is OK I bet plenty of candlemakers.No we have none but I will squeeze you in if you want this other area.OF course I do.:yay:

LynnS

Guest amynleebishop
My day was awesome.I look out to see if UPS came.He hadn't so about 10 minutes later decided to head to Wal Mart for mugs.Up the driveway comes UPS.I told him I just checked and WaLa now you are here.He asked if I make candles and of course YES.Only shows and don't get out and sell/market much.Website is slow but have repeat customers.He says other candle people close me.I said Yes I know.He sure had a load he was carrying up my drive.I think I will see if (as a courtesy) he can accept one of my candles next time he delivers.Just leave it out.Probably not the same guy but I don't care just whoever delivers.I always have left overs after craft season.

So I have all my jars now and excited.Just in time for a show I wasn't sure I was doing till NOW. So off to do alot tonight.Make candles and will be burning candles most of the night to see how they burn.I am always doing last minute things but cannot turn this show down I am the ONLY candlemaker.I wasn't going to get in(full) and I said Well that is OK I bet plenty of candlemakers.No we have none but I will squeeze you in if you want this other area.OF course I do.:yay:

LynnS

Good Luck with your show and Thanks for the info!!!:wave:

Hobby Lobby is good as long as you shop in the clearance section. They charge almost $5.00 for a 16 oz apothacary jar. All the dollar stores will be coming out with more once thanksgiving draws nearer. My husband usually comes home with goodies for me because his mommy lives by a dollar store.