Where in the world could I find cups like this?

whiffandsniff

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They work great for samples, but some fos eat thru the plastic. Trust me, I just had to throw away some vanilla based fos in the 1 oz cups I had just poured 2 weeks ago. IMO, they should not be used for tarts. They are not rated to be used for candles. Carole
Maybe the difference is the brand? Solo vs. Dixie?

• 2 weeks later...

I had been debating for several months whether I should change my packaging to this. Usually when I pour tarts I make several hundred at a time, and with less than 100 molds, it gets very time consuming having to pour, wait, unmold ,bag. label etc. I think going to this method would save me a TON of time. So when this thread came up I decided to go for it. I did some searching online and found polypropylene cups at www.suitesupply.com Their prices with shipping ended up being the cheapest for me. I just want to warn everyone that I had a horrible experience with them, and I wouldn't recommend them if you're considering this option. When I checked out, their cheapest shipping option would have taken over 2 weeks to get to me. So I paid for an upgraded shipping for them to get here faster. I was given an estimated arrival date. When that date came and went, I emailed them asking for tracking or shipping information and after getting a huge run around for several hours, I was informed that they hadn't even shipped them yet. There was NO communication from the company that there was a delay in shipping, no apology or explaination...nothing! I'd be much more understandable had I been notified, but the fact that I paid for a faster shipping and the items hadn't even been shipped after the date I was quoted for arrival was inexcusable to me. I cancelled the order but am still awaiting a refund. Just wanted to send out a warning to those that are thinking of doing it this way and buying from them.

www.foodservicedirect.com is where I get mine..:D

Look under paper supplies, the portion cups!!

That's where I ended up re-ordering from! LOL In your experience is their shipping normally faster than they quote? I ordered yesterday and was quoted the 22nd as a delivery date. I'm so anxious to get these that waiting almost another 2 weeks is going to kill me! LOL It did end up being cheaper than the other place, and hopefully less headache- I don't know how I missed them the first time around but I hope it's a better experience!

That's where I ended up re-ordering from! LOL In your experience is their shipping normally faster than they quote? I ordered yesterday and was quoted the 22nd as a delivery date. I'm so anxious to get these that waiting almost another 2 weeks is going to kill me! LOL It did end up being cheaper than the other place, and hopefully less headache- I don't know how I missed them the first time around but I hope it's a better experience!

Which ones did you order? I can't tell which ones would be polypro--or safe for candles?

Which ones did you order? I can't tell which ones would be polypro--or safe for candles?

These are the ones I got. I bought the 2 oz ones, there's not a photo of them on that site, but I went to the site of the manufacturer and they are the shallow ones, not the taller, narrow size.

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/index.cfm/S/329/N/97292/Conex_Complement_Polypropylene_Portion_Cups,_Lids.htm

I got portion cups from AceMart. I use them for left overs for people to smell so they dont have to keep taking off the tin lids to see what the scent smells like. I got the 1 1/2 oz cup, it's shorter and wider and is perfect size for my sniff use as well as using to take along salad dressing.

I hope this link comes out right, never posted a link before, it's Solo brand...

http://www.acemart.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=J5-12

I got portion cups from AceMart. I use them for left overs for people to smell so they dont have to keep taking off the tin lids to see what the scent smells like. I got the 1 1/2 oz cup, it's shorter and wider and is perfect size for my sniff use as well as using to take along salad dressing.

I hope this link comes out right, never posted a link before, it's Solo brand...

http://www.acemart.com/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=J5-12

I contacted them when I was looking and they told me they're not polypropylene and didn't have the 5 on the bottom. They might be good just for sniffies, but for tarts I'd be worried about the tarts loosing their scent.

I contacted them when I was looking and they told me they're not polypropylene and didn't have the 5 on the bottom. They might be good just for sniffies, but for tarts I'd be worried about the tarts loosing their scent.

Ah yeah that's true, I only do the sniffies in them, I do clamshell tarts. I know when I put a sticker on the bottom of the cup to identify the scent, the wax falls to the top and my daughter said, "hey a tart, but with SOLO on the bottom" :laugh2:

I ordered yesterday and was quoted the 22nd as a delivery date. I'm so anxious to get these that waiting almost another 2 weeks is going to kill me!

WOW.. I would call them tomorrow. The webstie shows that it is a stock item which means they should have it on hand...

My last order I got within days..

But holy crap.. If here is a 2 week wait, I better reorder..

I am down to my last few cups!! :rolleyes:

WOW.. I would call them tomorrow. The webstie shows that it is a stock item which means they should have it on hand...

My last order I got within days..

But holy crap.. If here is a 2 week wait, I better reorder..

I am down to my last few cups!! :rolleyes:

I ordered late yesterday afternoon and on the confirmation it said it was estimated to ship on the 14th with a delivery date of the 22nd. I'm hoping they just overshoot their estimates! You might be closer to them- I think from that area of the country things normally take 3-4 days to get here from UPS. I hope yours come faster if you need them! LOL

A little newb confusion here. Is polypropylene plastic safe for FO and do you need a 5 in a triangle on the cups to be FO safe? I'd like to have some for bath salts.

Hey there Late Night,

You definitely, want to see the 5 in the triangle. Better safe than sorry. Polypropylene is the way to go when packaging/storing tarts. I would think it would be good for B&B as well.

HTH!

Hey J-

You may want to call the company to ensure they are made of polypro or not. Would hate for you to invest the money and find out they are not what they are not made of polypro.

Tchau!

Anyone know if the Sweetheart Brand are safe for tarts, or made of polypro? That is the brand they carry locally, and I cannot find the info on these particular cups' construction.

http://www.sweetheart.com/html/clearportion.html

TIA

I do not believe that any of the little cups are rated 5. They are not suitable for pouring tarts into. They will suck the scent out and eat thru the plastic. I do pour samples in them for fundraisers and find they are good for about 4 or 5 months. Guess everyone just has to try for themself. Carole

I do not believe that any of the little cups are rated 5. They are not suitable for pouring tarts into. They will suck the scent out and eat thru the plastic. I do pour samples in them for fundraisers and find they are good for about 4 or 5 months. Guess everyone just has to try for themself. Carole

The cups I bought have a 5 on the bottom...I asked before ordering:D