Wicking Trouble In 8oz Square Mason

OK I NEED SOME HELP OF WHERE TO GO NEXT. ive been using c-3 for my 8oz square mason and i have been having one hell of a time with these jars. all my other jars i can wick fine with this wax using cd wicks. so i made 4 jars with a 10 , 12 , 14 ,16. the batch i made was c-3 no additives and 3 drops of ivory liquid dye and ultimate vanilla from js. the cold throw was awsome and so is the hot even though none of these wicks are giving me a FMP. ok the 10 has alot of hang up and the 12 has little hang up but the wick is struggling 14 has almost FMP but has been burning for 6 hours. 16 is too big and it is sooting like crazy. so after all my rambling i was wondering if anybody has same problems and what wick seems to work the best for them in this jar and wax. i was thinking of going with eco's but just wanted some advice from you guys.thank you for any help what so ever. this jar is driving my nuts :mad: .

We use JS soy or KY125 and have been wicking this size jar with CD 16 and it is perfect for most scents--absolutely no soot. Sometimes we have to wick up to an 18.....you had soot? Hmmm, I guess it is the different wax, but we can never get a fmp with a 14 in this jar. I have used Hemp in this jar too, 1200 or 1400. Sorry I am not much help

I use EZ Soy and have had a lot of success using a CD-14 with most scents in this jar. I twist my wicks (a trick I learned on this forum) and that seems to help. I have very little to no hangup. HTH.

i twiste my wick in the 16 but not the other ones i wish i had, but the 16 is the one that was sooting like crazy but it just was 2 big . update my 14 has been burning 6 and half hours has 1/4 inch meltpool almost all the way around just in the back has about 1/8 of hangup. i just dont like that i have 2 burn it that long to almost get FMP. but the hot throw is awsome. do you guys get mushrooming with your cds my 14 is mushrooming not to bad but it is mushrooming.

What does twisting the wick do? First time Ive ever heard of that!

Sometimes the wicks curl down to one side and cause a lopsided burn. If you twist the wick, the wick slowly uncurls as it burns and burns evenly all the way down.