Sandalwood-Patchouli ~ Don't get exited yet - Cut pics

SoapInTheCity

Here is a Sandalwood Patchouli soap that was requested or shall I say hinted many times by a few customers now!

I used what I thought was a black colorant, I was planning on making this a dark grey/cream colored soap until the black colorant turned out to be purple. (A new hard colorant I've never used) so I added paprika and tumeric to make a few new colors. I have a feeling the swirls didn't go all the way through so I can't get too exited yet!

sanpatinmoldsmallox0.jpg

I knew it - Pooey - The swirls didn't go all the way though! If this were a slab mold, I would have been satisfied!

sanpatsmalleu0.jpg

Trust me, the dark brown was purple! I added the paprika and tumeric to it and it went that dark brown! I was pretty happy about that. Thanks for the nice comments, I just wish I could make this kind of soap in a pan mold instead of a 'loaf' mold.......but the pan mold swirls just don't work out right for me most times!

I'm actually GLAD your black and purple didn't come through for ya!! ;)

Those colors you achieved are just PERFECT for the scent blend you used-it's EXACTLY what I think of when I think of patchouli and sandalwood!!

So I say, :whoohoo:

:thumbsup: