I am in Love with JUST SCENT!!!

AmySue

Okay a few days ago I posted a thread about running out of ideas for fragrances because I usually get the same ol same ol.

Well many thanks to all of your suggestions, I decided to try my hand at Just Scent.

I purchased 20 samples and fell in love with 13. Which that is great considering I normally don't have the best of luck. :D

So I just placed my first order with them and will be adding shortly the following::drool:

Snickers Coffee Blend

Cranberry Spice

Whipped Vanilla Creme

Blueberry Cheesecake

and have more to come....oooooh I am sooooooo excited!!

Thanks again everyone! I really really appreciate it! :D

I've heard that some people have trouble with JS thowing well for them...and it usually seems, but not always, that they had trouble with them throwing well in soy. I've gotten some samples for them and out of 20, I only liked 2 or 3 of them. It's not that they didn't throw well in my particular type of wax, I just thought they had a lot of artificial, or syrupy sweet notes to them...something that is just not appealing to me. But...there are other's on the board that just rave about them. I guess it all depends on what appeals to your own nose. Hope they do well for you!

I certainly hope you tested those samples in candles before you bought more. I thought they smelled good oob, but I never got any cold or hot throw from any JS oils.

What type of wax are you using?? I am hoping that this is not my case however this is the first time that I took a leap of faith and didn't test. I know I know :rolleyes2 But I had a ton of people say that they were awesome. Yes, I could definitely pay for it for sure. My punishment for not testing! Ugh!

You sold candles you didn't test? Kinda confused here AmySue..

no way....she didn't sell candles and not test...lol I've gotten few of her candles and they're WONDERFUL!!!!

what she meant is.she always brought from one supplier and now seen all these posts bout raves on Just Scents oils..she took a leap and brought some of Just Scents oils by the lb without testing her candles with SAMPLES...(like some of these posts are saying)... for first time and is going to test them and so on....and hopes to get Great Results and mainly get lucky with them. :D

Sorry Ami, I had to jump in and defend ya...lol :highfive:

Hugs

Dani

I have fairly good luck with JS oils. Almost all of them throw well for me. (I use a parasoy).

I love citrus linen h20, st. nicks lane, asian spice, festival of lights, frost bite, oxygen..... off the top of my head.

And what doesn't work in wax....if I love it and it's skin safe.... I put it into lotion.

:D

You sold candles you didn't test? Kinda confused here AmySue..

No I would never do that! I bought sample oils...didn't test them yet...bought more as in pounds of FO to make them. Haven't sold any yet!

I am not stupid! I always test test and then test everything! :D Hopefully this cleared it up! lol

We "jumped on the bandwagon" with JS during one of their sales....and are very disappointed. They are not throwing well in our wax, and the scent does not seem to last long with our melts - BUT I know alot of people love them, so I am sure it is just the matter of what wax, what wicks, etc.... We learned an expensive lesson, but it was a lesson well learned. I have not totally given up on their FO's, tho - we are going to keep testing, and whatever we don't think is working for us will end up in the classies! :D

no way....she didn't sell candles and not test...lol I've gotten few of her candles and they're WONDERFUL!!!!

what she meant is.she always brought from one supplier and now seen all these posts bout raves on Just Scents oils..she took a leap and brought some of Just Scents oils by the lb without testing her candles with SAMPLES...(like some of these posts are saying)... for first time and is going to test them and so on....and hopes to get Great Results and mainly get lucky with them. :D

Sorry Ami, I had to jump in and defend ya...lol :highfive:

Hugs

Dani

Thanks Dani!! I appreciate it! :highfive:

I know for a fact that Amy tests her candles through and through. She holds them to a very high standard and I know as well as the next that you can't get a good test in a candle out of just an ounce. She had to have some oil to "play with", and assuming everything goes well, she will have these new scents in her line.:D

I have to reiterate what some others have said here-- although the FOs from JS have a nice OOB scent they just don't have a great throw hot or cold in any wax I have tested with. That's with almost all of them I have tried. I am really disappointed. The throw is average or below average. Not by any means a great throw. JMO

Hey Hey Hey.. All is good in the world! Many of you who didn't know her would have seen that comment strange without knowing the full story.

Have a great day!

I guess with many posts lately with ppl thinking they mastered candle making in 2 weeks....we would be more jumpy!!!! cause those are the ppl who gives us a bad name!! while we are working our butts off and living on ramein noodle soup to make it right....lol

Dani

I guess I'm one of the few that has great success with many of JS oils. Granted, not all that I've tested have worked for me, but several of them do and are consistently my best sellers.

no - your not... I've only had a couple that didn't throw... some I got were just not what I was looking for.

I've had success with all - good hot and cold throw...

I'm using a soy blend...

I guess with many posts lately with ppl thinking they mastered candle making in 2 weeks....we would be more jumpy!!!! cause those are the ppl who gives us a bad name!! while we are working our butts off and living on ramein noodle soup to make it right....lol

Dani

I totally understand what you mean.. We lived on Ramen forever! They are good fried with a little butter! Or toss in some chopped up lunch meat and corn..lol Or with chili and cheese.. Or with a dollop of sour cream and green onions..lol

Ok ok, back to the subject.. lol

With my 1343 or joy, I had little success with her oils.

I totally understand what you mean.. We lived on Ramen forever! They are good fried with a little butter! Or toss in some chopped up lunch meat and corn..lol Or with chili and cheese.. Or with a dollop of sour cream and green onions..lol

Ok ok, back to the subject.. lol

With my 1343 or joy, I had little success with her oils.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT CREATIVE WITH POOR MAN FOOD...GOOD FOR YA..

I SHOULD TRY THAT...LOL

HUGS

DANI

PS...I USE 50/50 AND DIDN'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MINE..BUT AGAIN

I DONT' MAKE CANDLES WITH JUST SCENTS OILS..I MAKE TARTS.

I USE FRAGRANCE OIL HEAVEN OILS FOR CANDLES. :D

Everyone gave her cranberry spice a GREAT review... "it's so strong, blah blah blah..."

Well it didnt work for me.!!

and yeah. only like 5 FO's have worked for me... gets frustrating afterwhile. Though her sample specials are great, it's still a waste of money... I''ll get like 13-15 fo's for under $20 bucks with shipping, just to have 1 good one out of that bunch...

that has just been my own experience.

I wouldn't be too discourged about buying the pounders. You might just be another one of us that has found them to be really great. I have found that a lot of Becky's oils kick booty in all my wax(es). One that I poured a few months ago and tested and it threw very good, but just didnt' know if I liked it, I found other tart and popped it in and man did it smell good and throw, that was Vanilla Patchoulli. However, I dont' smell any patchoulli in it. Recently I walked into two friend's house that were burning Country Kitchen (one a 8 oz mason and one using some made up in clamshells), I couldnt believe how strong they were, so it is just different for everyone. I have been more disappointed in some of the higher priced companies than just scent, some places that people just rave about on this board. It really is a matter of what works individually.

Dani

Took the words right out of my mouth! I think that is why I am kinda on the defensive side. I have been doing candles for quite some time now, just a new member not a new candle maker! :D

Sorry if I came across a little snippy! So I am not the only one mis-reading things! ;)

I am another person that has great success with JS oils. I have a few that don't throw well for me, no different than any other company. My best sellers are JS oils--and we carry lots of oils from other companies like CC, WYW, MC, FOH, SW, etc. Everyone loves my candles and the favorites are always JS. I think their oils are very nice complex oils.