bath cookies..chocolate chip

soapermom

Those are AWESOME. I am new to the board and I have been seeing a lot of posts about the Bath Cookies, I just got done making Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Soap at my grandson, nephew and one of my clients request, these Bath Cookies would go great with the soap I made but I have no idea how to make them! Would anyone be willing to share a recipe.

Thanks,

Devil Woman

Now.. I had to come back and take a peek at these cookies again. Soapermom.. Ithink your chocolate chips look great... who has uniform chips anyway? Famous Amos, Soft Bake.. those are THE best cookies and they aren't uniform..... I stomm think these look yummy....

ok, I gotta ask .... what do you do with these things??? LOL Seriously ~ I've never seen these anywhere and hadn't ever even heard of them until the post a few weeks ago on the banana ones.

Do they drop in like a bath bomb? Do they fix, or melt??

and my real pondering .... aren't you afraid a child would eat one?? I only ask because of personal experience ... was making cupcake shaped soaps a few weeks ago and my 1 year old reached right up, helped himself and took a big bite!!!

ok, I gotta ask .... what do you do with these things??? LOL Seriously ~ I've never seen these anywhere and hadn't ever even heard of them until the post a few weeks ago on the banana ones.

Do they drop in like a bath bomb? Do they fix, or melt??

and my real pondering .... aren't you afraid a child would eat one?? I only ask because of personal experience ... was making cupcake shaped soaps a few weeks ago and my 1 year old reached right up, helped himself and took a big bite!!!

well, I try to follow the keep away from children rule with everything, heck my kids have eaten things that never looked a bit like food;)

They do know what mommy does.. and they alwways ask me.. is this real mom or just soap?:D

I remember chomping down on a santa claus soap I got one year for christmas, no one TOLD me it was soap!!!:rolleyes2

there is some monor fizzing, there is a touch of citric,they dissolve pretty quickly, about 2 minutes or less, depending on water temp..

Soapmom... I always label "keep out of the reach of children(and adults <-- ok, I don't say adults *l*)" and yadda yadda yadda... My son has been using these for almost a year now and he knows they're for the bath. Mine take about 40 seconds (or less) to dissolve....

The point to the whole "cookie" thing IMO is the great exciting novelty to the bath bombs, with a twist....

If someone DOES eat them, aren't they basically made with food grade ingred's (baking soda, buttermilk, vegetable oil, citric acid.... ok, minus the fragrance oil... but doesn't it seem like we're baking a cake here?)

soapermom THAT is funny... but why don't I believe that? *lol*.. How WERE those cookies exactly? *smirk*

Soapmom... I always label "keep out of the reach of children(and adults <-- ok, I don't say adults *l*)" and yadda yadda yadda... My son has been using these for almost a year now and he knows they're for the bath. Mine take about 40 seconds (or less) to dissolve....

The point to the whole "cookie" thing IMO is the great exciting novelty to the bath bombs, with a twist....

If someone DOES eat them, aren't they basically made with food grade ingred's (baking soda, buttermilk, vegetable oil, citric acid.... ok, minus the fragrance oil... but doesn't it seem like we're baking a cake here?)

soapermom THAT is funny... but why don't I believe that? *lol*.. How WERE those cookies exactly? *smirk*

its true!! I was only about 5 or 6:D

Ok, Soapermom... that sounds just about right now... being 5 or 6 is likely. What's funny is when I'm whipping something that looks like whipped cream or cake mix my 5 year old says "What's that? Soap?".... He knows his mother very well...*lol*

WOW very realistic!!

I agree with LaVida, in that they (choc. chips) don't have to be perfect and uniform, but I see where the cocoa butter is kinda melty/smeary and maybe adding something else to give them a bit harder finish would eliminate this-not sure what though.

Yep, just put that warning on label about not being a food item, but kids are known to eat just about anything when they're little-heck my mom caught me eating flies out of the window track, I ate choc. X-Lax, my aunt's birth control pills.....

I don't think my mom watched me closely enough huh? LOL

Dang I was a tornado I bet!!! :D