Finally got around to making a tilt layer soap

Jcandleattic

I've been wanting to do this type of layered soap FOREVER, and in these scents, however it riced and I didn't get all the little rice "pockets" smashed down very well, so it's rather ugly!! Smells great though!! The pic doesn't show it very well, but it's PINK (not the light purple color it shows) and white. The pink layer is Sweet Pea (that's the one that riced!) and the white layer is Moonlit Path.. Moonlit Path was VERY well behaved for me, but the sweet pea, well as you can see, didn't do too well. lol I even soaped at room temp lye solution and oils. Oh well. Once it's cured I can give it to family for Christmas presents. :)

The first pic is before it was cleaned up, just after I cut it. Second pic is my attempt to use a charm as a soap stamp. LMAO umm nope, it didn't work!! lol

post-212-13945840979_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458409794_thumb.jpg

Oh I like!! Really the SP riced on you? Ack! I think those look good.

Yeah it did. Not bad, but enough. I think it would have been worse if I would have been soaping at higher temps, but since it IS a floral scent and they are notorious for being troublesome, I thought I'd soap at RT. Still riced a bit. They smell GREAT though!! I can't wait until they cure. I already used some scraps on my hands, and it leaves a nice scent, so I can't wait to take a bar into the shower. :)

What an interesting scent combo, I bet that smells delish!

I really like those soaps, and don't think the charm stamp looks bad, I like the little "something" right in the middle between the colors. :)

Who's sweet pea did you use? I wonder if it even makes a difference? SP is one of my fav. scents though, and eventually I want to soap it, but now I don't know if I have the courage or strength to beat it into submission if it rices. ;)

So, what did you use to prop it up?

:thumbsup:

What an interesting scent combo, I bet that smells delish!

I really like those soaps, and don't think the charm stamp looks bad, I like the little "something" right in the middle between the colors. :)

Who's sweet pea did you use? I wonder if it even makes a difference? SP is one of my fav. scents though, and eventually I want to soap it, but now I don't know if I have the courage or strength to beat it into submission if it rices. ;)

So, what did you use to prop it up?

:thumbsup:

I used NG's Sweet Pea. I think it 'might' make a differece as NG's SP smells like a completely different scent to me than Peaks SP (I actually like Peaks a bit better, it's not quite as "floral" smelling to me than NG's) If you soap at a really low temp, you may not have many problems. It didn't rice bad for me, I was just too impatient to pour it to get all the ricing stickblended in. lol

My hub made me some boards with notches in them at 45 degree angles on the length of the board for my aquarium soaps that I do in individual molds. I just used that. Worked great!! Once the soap was solid enough to hold, and the second pour was in there, I took it off the prop, wrapped it in some towels and left it alone for about 30 hrs or so, and then unmolded. :)

ETA: Meant to say also, that I mix Moonlit Path with a lot of scents to enhance them, or change them a bit. Moonlit Path by itself is a nice scent, but sometimes mixed with something just adds that special something.. I especially like it mixed with Ocean!! LOVE that scent combo!!

Thanks again everyone!!

great job! I had super fast trace with sweet pea also

It didn't really trace that fast, or get really thick, just after I added the FO and started stirring, the longer I stirred to incorporate the scent, the ricing started. I then smashed as many down as I could (without stickblending, which is what I probably should have done! lol) When I poured it, it was still very fluid and not thick at all. :)