The Candlemaker's Store - reviews on some of these?

KristinesShower

I have been looking at this estore lately because not only do they have alot of the scents I use right now, but they also carry them for cheaper and they have 2oz tins for cheap too :yay:

I emailed them to ask them some things and they are very nice to deal with - prompt and genuinely want to do business with me so that is a big plus. BUT I am also having some trouble ordering on the website - it seems to stall alot & I hate that!

I wanted to see if any of you have used the following scents and if you could tell me what you thought of them?

Apple Berry

Blackberry Sage

Coconut Cream

Country Apple

Freesia

Cucumber Melon

Plumeria

Juniper Breeze

Strawberries & Champagne

Lavender Vanilla (curious to see how this compares with Old Mill)

Orange Vanilla OR Orange Dreamsicle (what is the difference?)

Peach Jolly Rancher

Pearberry

Sweet Rain

Cotton Blossom

Sweet Pea

Warm Vanilla Sugar

I could save $3.00 per fragrance if I go with them, but I don't want to change to inferior oils either. I ordered samples (well, I am ordering samples now... trying to that is) so I will get to see how each one smells, but I am only getting 1ozers so I can't try them in everything.

If you have used any of these, can you please tell me what product you used them in and how they behaved for you?

I appreciate it! :D

I basically have used all of the scents some time or another that you listed. I mainly do soy candles and have had good success. I have always gotten good service from them over the years and still use them for fragrancesas well as other supplies. When I first started making candles years ago I would go with the Grade A scent. But then I did some testing with the Grade B scents and could not tell a difference.

One of my best sellers is from there and called Spiced Plum. At first OOB it doesn't smell to great, but put that in a candle and it flys off my shelves.

Hi, I have used a few of their "B-Grade" fragrances, and I really like them...and MOSTLY their PRICES.

I have compared them to many of the other companies online line, and I tell ya, the quality has been just as good.

I do know that ..THE CANDLE MAKER STORE ..manufacture their own fragrances...I do pick-up my orders cause they are so close to me...and its a really awesome place to visit.

Oh, just to let you know...I LOVE their ..teddybear jars for candles also.

To Lesia could you tell me where you pick your stuff up from the candlemaker store. Cause they told me it was only a warehouse and they only shipped this has been about 2 years ago though maybe they have changed it sure would save on shipping for me since I live in Ohio north of Dayton it would not be that far and they said they have a warehouse in Troy even closer. If you prefer to e-mail me my addy is cabinlite@bright.net. I hope you don't mind me asking this , cause I can't get the pm feature to work on this board if anyone can help with that too I would appreciate it. Thanks & Blessings, Jane

I hope you don't mind me asking this , cause I can't get the pm feature to work on this board if anyone can help with that too I would appreciate it. Thanks & Blessings, Jane

Just wanted to let you know, I am pretty sure you have to be a member for 30 days and have at least 8 posts before you can PM anyone or look at the classified sections. The Mods can help you out with board usage questions if you post them in the board usage questions. HTH and welcom to the board.

Back on the subject....I've not ordered from them before but I have a horrible time with their website also. I am using a cheap wireless router to work from my laptop so I always assumed that was my problem.

Here's the ones I've used from you list:

Blackberry Sage - Pretty strong at 6% in soy blend. Soaps well. too.

Freesia - I can't stand florals, but it sold well in candles..lol

Cucumber Melon - Pretty light even at 9%.

Plumeria - Worked for me at 6%, soaps with no acceleration.

Juniper Breeze - Another floral.. My gosh it stinks, but people seemed to like it!

Strawberries & Champagne - super super light OOB and in wax. Wouldn't order it again.

Lavender Vanilla- Smells like the Downy Lavender Vanilla.. My new must have!

Pearberry - I use it at 9%, but this stuff discolors soap badly.. lol.. It discolors white! Freakin awesome!

Warm Vanilla Sugar - I loved it, customers hated it. Used at 6%.

OMG! I wrote out all this and thought it was for NG! Scratch all of that!!!!!!

I have a couple of my FO's from them.But none of the ones you mentioned.But I do know my scents are wonderful! I get the grade B( much cheaper:yay: )

I use:

Sweet Pea

Bird of Paradise

Rainbow(my personal favorite!)

Fig

Orange Dreamsicle

Watermelon

and a few more that I cant think of at this time...

Let me know how those work out for you.I dont know if you know this but if you spend 75 dollars you get a free gift!