SW New England Bayberry & Crisis Soap!

Brenda

Yesterday I made two batches of soap. The first, which went relatively smoothly, was New England Bayberry; swirled in the pot with neon green mica with a touch of black oxide mixed in. I had to shave the tops because the surface got all lumpy by the time I fussed with it in the mold and I wanted the swirls to show:

New_England_Bayberry.jpg

So I thought, why not make another batch while I have the time? I've had a bottle of NG Candy Cane for a couple of weeks and really liked the smell, so I went ahead with another batch. All seemed to be going well. I had big plans for a white base (even though I knew it would discolor some) and a red swirl. :rolleyes2 All seemed to be going well. The soap seemed to trace quickly, so I was moving fast, pouring it in and drizzling the red soap on top for swirling. Then as soon as I starting moving the skewers through the soap just started to rice, or separate into little teeny particles! Augh!

Luckily, my husband was home and had seen me line molds plenty of times..so I yelled "HELP ME!" and he came in as I finished dumping the whole thing back into the soap pot and was trying to stick blend and remove the soiled liner with the other hand. It was the only mold I had that would hold the 12 pounds of soap! He bravely lined the mold and I kept on stirring. Finally got it poured! He needs work on folding corners, but thank goodness he was there. Here's how it looks - all pink now. :cry2: But at least it's saved (even though I can see it will discolor.)

Candy_Cane.jpg

Despite all the trouble with it, the FO is a wonderful scent and I wound up putting some in lotion and wearing it to bed. :cheesy2:

Thanks for your patience in reading my "book" and for checking out the soaps!