Need suggestions for your fave earthy, sensual scents

daniedb

I just hate anything heavy, anything patchouli, anything "sensual". BARF. Ergo, I need you guys to help me choose. I know that "Amber Romance" from B&BW is a really popular scent, and I just can't stand it...so can you guys give me your best sellers in this category and which are your personal faves?

Thanks very much!

Patchouli :D

You can go with a sandalwood, ambers (there are things like amber musk and Peaks has the amber vanilla)

Amber Romance is another good one ... (ya gotta make stuff you don't like if you're selling lol! Heck I had to make coffee scents -- gag)

What else is earthish? Let's see there's nag champa (though it's more a heavy floral); you can mix patchouli with a lot of things like orange, jasmine, rose and vanilla or even lavender.

Oak Moss is woodsyish.

Cedar is another woodsyish. Still thinking.

(ya gotta make stuff you don't like if you're selling lol! Heck I had to make coffee scents -- gag)

Unfortunately, you're right, LOL! I hate those scents, but I have to offer all varieties. Since I have no nose for these scents, I'm glad I have y'all to quiz. I can't believe you don't like the coffee scents! I don't LOVE them, but I don't hate 'em either...but then there's thems that likes their patchouli, right?

Thanks so much for the great suggestions so far.

but then there's thems that likes their patchouli, right?

Them there are ;):D

Seriously I got some awesome soap from Trejen to try out and it's a patchouli and orange mix and it's divine!! Not really all that earthy, but I love patch too :D

If you were looking for some designer type dupes and so forth:

Love Spell

Rapture

Amber Romance (gee am I pushing this stuff lol!)

are all doing well for us, but I'm not in your neck of the wood either.

Another good earthy mix (you'll have to mix your own though) is patchouli and sandalwood together (equal parts).

Oh I'll second the Autumn Leaves from BnL :)

• 2 weeks later...
Apples & Oak by Nature's Garden

Tall Grass by Peaks

Sage, Sweetgrass, & Cedar by Bubbles n Lights

Tiger Eyes by Bitter Creek

OMG girl...if you like the Sage, Sweetgrass & cedar buy the 2oz I have had for sale FOREVER! I think it smells like a litter box...lol

I am not into earthy scents either but I sell a lot of them!

Tristate Candle SUpply.... PATCHOULI

Bitter Creek North ......Nag Champa

Tristate ......................Sage and Citrus

Tristate ......................Clove

Peak .........................Tall Grass

Peak.........................Asian Sandalwood

Peak ........................Cool Citrus Basil

Earthy scents are not my fav either but I tried a sample of Patchouli last week and I really liked it. Who has the best Patchouli? The one I tried was from BCN

but I have nothing to compare it to as this is the first time I have tried it. Mixed it with Lavender and CP soaped it. Yummy!!!!! :drool:

I did like Tuscan nights from Peak OOB but haven't poured it yet.