Craft Show Booth Setup

BizzyBs

OK...I only do one show a year and it's this weekend. :) I have changed my setup and wanted to see what you all thought of it. Does it look good...eye catching?? This is setup in my basement, so don't mind the backdrop...try to imagine it at the show with black curtains around it...

setup32006.jpg

setup12006.jpg

setup22006.jpg

I've learned over the many years of doing shows that most people feel uncomfortable coming "into" a booth and feel safer standing on the outside of it. I even tested it a couple of times...had it one way and then switched it...the results told me the same. And, as for the corner being taller...it catches the customer's attention. I had it this way last year and am in and out of the booth a lot anyway...I walk around talking to everyone. :) I have my mom work the booth with me and we usually take one side each.

Must be where you show then - I have the exact opposite results lol

When we would be behind our display, I would hear things like "what are you hiding from us?" lol We decided to open it up the next time around and got alot more compliments and I also found that people talk to you more when you are out among them instead of talking through or behind a display.

I guess it is our way to say, hey I'm just like you out here - I'm not hiding :) (but again, that is my own personal experience living here in the cornfield lol)

Very nice! I wouldn't change a thing! If you're going to be on a corner, I think leaving it that way is best. If you turned it in, people might just cut through and not give it much notice. The outdoor show I did this weekend, people liked coming in because my tent gave them a little shade. :) I still had one table and a display that went at the front and people walking by would pick up a candle sitting on the corner and smell it. Mine's not nearly as pretty as yours, though.

I would too turn it, but still have something on the corner, a small display. The more you can to get them into your booth the more money they will spend. Walkers buy tend to not buy or spend less than those that come in. Plus there is more room for theft in your booth as you may not neccesarily see the person directly. I have corner locations at most trade/craft shows, and I pay the premium for it, corners can increase your sales by 20% if done correctly. Grab them by putting your popular items out towards the fron then you grab them in. The more you get them to stay in your space the better. 4_1_204.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk121JJUS

I agree with Beckie. We are in the same area and people here would rather have the table than walk into your booth. Anytime we are on a corner we use the same setup!

Good luck Beckie..looks great!

Thanks Monica...it is that way...isn't it? :) I've tried turning my booth in bunches of times, but people just walk by or try to look at things on the edges...like they are scared to come in. :tongue2:

Thanks to all who commented...when I change things around, it's nice to get another's perspective on things.

I have a show this Saturday and am going to go back to having my setup similar to yours. When I first started doing shows I set up this way and did really well. For the past few years I've set up so people would walk in and have found that sales are not as good. I did a show last Saturday and was actually observing other vendors setups. What I saw was people were only looking at the things that were displayed right out front and around the edges but hesitated walking into anyone's booth. This was an outdoor show with spaces 10 X 30 so I was only able to observe 5 other booths. Two booths across the street had a very small display in the front and then everything else you had to walk in. Most people looked at only the stuff out front and never walked in. Another booth further down had nothing out front and you had to walk in to see everything. Most people glanced as they walked by. The people beside me had 2 spaces 1/2 of it a "U" shape and then the other 1/2 was small tables set up at different angles that people had to walk into the booth to see their things. Most people walked around the "U" and did not walk into the booth. My own booth, you had to walk in and most people were only looking at what was displayed on the ends. We did okay, but now I want to go back to the old way and observe this weeks with last weeks setup with not only my booth but the other vendors too.

We not only have to test our products but also all of the marketing strategies too.

Maggie

Well, I am definitely inexperienced at this..have only done a couple very small shows..but when we had our things set-up where they had to walk in, business was slow. People would walk by and glance. Toward the end of the show, we moved our table straight the other way so everything was displayed as they walked by...there was much more interest.

I am sure it varies and I am not sure what we will do in the future. It will depend on whether we are able to get corner spots, how other vendors are set up, etc. I am a "shy" shopper....always afraid someone is going to "get me" and I won't be able to get away from them :laugh2: so I tend to want it set up so they can look and smell to their heart's content without feeling like they are "bothering" me.

I really like your display....it looks very inviting!

Real nice, everything flows and coordinates. I found the same as you, people don't want to come way into the booth. I rearranged mine this last weekend and watched people... they were more into this setup. Since I also tend to be at shows where the country and prim looks are popular, I found that by having that type of 'look' or feel to the decor helped to get them in and touching things.

Real nice, everything flows and coordinates. I found the same as you, people don't want to come way into the booth. I rearranged mine this last weekend and watched people... they were more into this setup. Since I also tend to be at shows where the country and prim looks are popular, I found that by having that type of 'look' or feel to the decor helped to get them in and touching things.

What type of "look" would you say my setup has?