Contact for DIY Stores -- Help!!

smellywax

Does anyone have a phone number for the DIYstores...I am emailing and getting no response. My site has gone down for the second time in a month and now it is down and I can't even login to the help/store site. Plus my emails are bouncing back to customers telling them the domain doesn't exist. I have paid for a year and have only had them for two months and I just can't afford for this to continue to happen. So if any of you have a phone number, please let me know as I have searched there site and I only found emails which I have sent 6 hours ago. This is not what I call good service.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried to go on the DIY forum. http://www.diyestores.com/community/default.asp

There is no number to reach them. Thru the forum you can submit a support issue.

Or email.. support@primmartclients.com

Shelly and her staff (myself included) do give good service. If your site is down it may be a technical issue and you are most likely not the only one with a site down. It does happen from time to time.

I am sorry :(

Please do visit the board and submit a support ticket.

What is your site by the way. You have no link here or in your profile.

If I can help please email me at tandsthomas@frontiernet.net

I know it can be frustrating!

As responded to on your support desk issue, it is actually your domain name that has expired. The hosting is still in place but in order for it to appear, the domain name registration has to be renewed. The DIY hosting does not handle your domain name registration unless you have gone through DIYDomainNames.com to do the registration.

If you contact Yahoo, you can resolve getting your domain name re-registered.

Yes it is frustrating because I thought DIY could do everything/host/register....just like other hosting companies do. My previous host sent reminders for renewals and I paid them to renew it. So not renewing is my fault my website is down....I will take that responsiblitly but I can't handle not having a contact number for a host whenever I am losing business....it works for a lot of people here...kudos to them...but it's just not working for me.....ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE NOW LOST MY DOMAIN NAME. DIYwas my biggest mistake.

I'm really sorry you feel as you do.

Up until recently, DIY did not offer domain name registration. It was through several requests that DIYDomainNames.com was created for registration. The biggest problem DIY faced with it was renewing domain names and customers not paying for those renewals.

Again, DIY is there to answer any immediate questions through the support desk. It is the owner's decision to use the support desk vs. the telephone because in the past its been found that issues are resolved quickly at most times of day better than using the phone.

Yahoo should be able to renew your domain name without you losing it. All domain names go into a hold period for 30 days after expiring before being released to general public.

Here is some information I pulled up for them HTH:

Registrant:

Prim Mart

2509 Cardinal Lane

St. Joseph, Missouri 64503

United States

Administrative Contact:

Terrell, Shelly email.pgif?md5=3f6dc14c64ff2fc3d7482efe86d33ab7

Prim Mart

2509 Cardinal Lane

United States

8163646909 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Terrell, Shelly email.pgif?md5=3f6dc14c64ff2fc3d7482efe86d33ab7

Prim Mart

2509 Cardinal Lane

United States

8163646909 Fax --

Sherry,

While I do understand your frustration. You have to understand as explained to you several times by myself and my staff. What happen today has NOTHING to do with DIYeStores.com.

Your domain name who you have regsitered with at Yahoo.com expired. We have no connection whatsoever with your domain name and have no control over when you renew it or not. Yahoo should of sent you reminders and if they did not, then that is something you need to take up with them.

But again the problem with your domain name is in no way affiliated with DIYeStores.com.

As for sites going down and people leaving, I have never heard of any. But I imagine there could be a couple. Every host has server trouble but our techincal team is always on top of any problems that arise with the server and they are fixed ASAP! But again I should add that your problem today is NOT because of DIYeStores or our servers!

Thank you!

Shelly Terrell - Owner DIYeStores.com!

i can see why. Can you imagine taking phone call after phone call of issues that can be resolved if you just take the time to read the help pages. (as for emailing her back i guess it is first come first serve?) I have heard nothing but good things and plan to use DIY when i start my webpages. It just sounds like you are very frustrated and rightfully so, but take it out on the right people/business and it sounds like Yahoo's fault. I have seen a few threads where people slam a business because of one incident. (it is funny how that person/business always finds out and post a reply :confused: ).

that is just my humble honest opinion.

I hope you can get your domain name back

Amanda

Why, in this age of computers and communication there is no way to get ahold of you?

No offense Shelly, but instead of talking on a forum to a customer of yours, why aren't you calling or emailing her?

It doesn't seem right to me.

Me either. I understand that the problem with the site being down is because of lack of renewal with yahoo. However, after six hours of an email (from a concerned, paid up, customer) not being answered during regular business hours just doesn't seem quite right. Especially when a helpline phone # isn't offered.

I used to work in customer service for JCWhitney. We had a help desk too, but we also had emails and actual people you could talk to - 24 hours a day.

6 hours of no communication is unacceptable - especially when the OWNER of the business in question is hanging out on a forum. :(

I'm sorry to sound harsh - that is not my intent at all, so please accept my apology. Sometimes the truth does hurt.

Again I can see the frustration. I've been there in the past. I'm not sure if Sherry e-mailed Shelly directly this morning or not. And what I mean by directly is if it went directly to Shelly or if it went to the general info e-mail.

Trying not to excuse but if either of those e-mails was used, they receive 100s of e-mails per hour. Hence why the support desk system was created. To speed the process of responses up to clients because there are too many variables with e-mail.

The support desk system is manned by a number of people whereas sending to one e-mail goes to one person who may or may not be able to take care of a problem right that second.

Upon receiving the support request at the support desk this afternoon, I am the one that responded to her almost immediately. I explained I was unaware of any known network problems but had contacted the programmer. After I responded, I decided to do a check on her domain name and discovered that it had expired and alerted Sherry to the case.

As for Shelly "hanging" out on the forum, I was indeed the one that alerted her to the postings. Flame me if you will. It was personally NOT my place towards the end of the thread to respond since I am not the owner , I am simply an associate familiar with the system and part of the support team because I know the in and outs of the DIY setup.

There is no perfect scenario to anything in this world. There will always be something that doesn't work right or go the way it is planned.

My feeling on the matter is that a good portion of the blame should be put on Yahoo because they did not send a notice to Sherry telling her that the domain was expiring on 8/31/06 so that she could take the necessary action to renew it, either with Yahoo or with another registrar. My personal opinion.

I have personally done what I can today to help Sherry out in finding out why her website was not working. And I do hope that she gets it renewed and back up and running as quickly as possible.

Dude! Go to angelfire.com!

$8.95 a month and the domain is included! No banners no ads GREAT SERVICE and ALWAYS SOMEONE THERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS ONLINE!

Make sure you update you CC info when your exp date expires cause you will not get a reminder. That is the only issue I have ever had.

Are you going to be able to get a refund???

I have had a DIY site for over 2 years now. I can count the number of times it has been down on one hand..the longest 2 hours.

She didnt go through the correct procedure to get a quick answer. The help desk is set up for that purpose. Just sending an email to the owner is asking for a long wait.

Shelly runs her business out of her house. I wouldnt have my number listed either..people call at the craziest hours for the smallest things.

This problem was not DIY problem. She had her domain registered with Yahoo. They should have sent notices, and even if she thought DIY had taken over..that is nothing a little email with a question couldnt have solved.

I doubt Shelly was hanging out in a forum(this is her first post) she has a great support staff..two of whom were the first to answer this thread..therefore that is how she found out.

When you sign up you get an email with all the support site information. It does state on the DIY site that emailing shelly will take longer..this was not a server problem therefore they were unaware of her problem. A support ticket at the help desk would have solved this problem.

I too feel for her situation, but place the blame where it really belongs..and when you find out why..apologize. Not make comments about mysterious pms that you have received, but no posts to back em up. Odd.

I am sure you can get your domain back. Good luck

Sherry,

While I do understand your frustration. You have to understand as explained to you several times by myself and my staff. What happen today has NOTHING to do with DIYeStores.com.

Shelly Terrell - Owner DIYeStores.com!

Like I said before, I take responsibility for my site registration even though I thought when I transferred the site to you, you did everything/billed for everything. So that part of what happened today has nothing to do with your company but your customer service has everything to do with it and from issues in the past with my site going down and your help forum taking days to get issues resolved to how it is nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone....that has EVERYTHING to do with you and your company and I am glad I am seeing this early on to resolve this.

Not make comments about mysterious pms that you have received, but no posts to back em up. Odd.

I am sure you can get your domain back. Good luck

If those people wish to post their opinions they sent me they are welcome to but if they PM'd me then they wanted it private and I have nothing I need to justify so there is nothing mysterious about it. I am so so so happy for you that you have had just a jolly great two years with them....woohoo Kudos to you and I wish you much success. I guess I should go read my DIY manual as well as you did since I have no orders to fill. Thank you for your kind suggestions.

HOLY CRAP!

This whole thing baffles me totally and I am shocked at the disrespect of some people!

This was not an issue with Shelly or DIYeStores.com !! Not with her, or her customer service. Shelly runs her business from home, as many many of us do. She doesn't list her phone # for many reasons, which are nobody's business but hers! I come across many sites daily that have no phone numbers for customer service..only email addy's. I have also come across sites that have no way to contact them at all!

Shelly sends out all the info a person needs to have for setting up their site, and future reference for issues that may arise when you sign up with DIY. If you would have read it you would have known how to submit a support ticket.

You are upset with Shelly, but this isn't her fault...so are you bashing Yahoo just the same. Well they never emailed you to let you know of your hosting expiring...so... where is the post about them? How unfair!!

Did it ever occure to you that life happens also. Do you think that your problem is the only thing going on at the time? She gets numerous emails and support ticket issues a day, and she address what she can in a timely manor. Nobody is left in the cold, or ignored!! IF.. you submit your issues as stated in the DIYeStores.com info packet you got!!

I am one of Shelly's staff...and she has many wonderful people working for her! I also have met Shelly, and am a friend and take much offense to you slamming someone you know nothing about on a public board! How Rude!! And totally uncalled for!!

YOU need to stop pointing fingers and take the blame for this also.

I do hope you get you site back up, and wish you the best. I also hope that there never comes a day when you have an upset customer who is trying to reach you...and when they can't they bash you publically!

Best of Luck.

Okay guys it is time to lay off of Smelly she had a legit concern and was not getting help at DYI so came here seeing if any one knew how to contact them. She was understandable upset and angry.

Now as for phone numbers I won't deal with a site that doesn't have one. If I can not call up and have my problems addressed then I don't want to deal with them at all.

It not that expensive to have a separate line installed and the ringer can be turned off at night/weekends and have an answering machine for those times.

Sometimes the worst problems can be solve by a simple phone call it is a comfort thing I like to feel a real person has addressed my concerns.

E-mails and boards are very impersonal there is real people behind them but at lot of the times it doesn't seem like it.

Hello,

Just wanted to respond to a couple comments posted.

I am not hanging out on any forum. I was alerted to this post and came and replied. I was here for a total of about 10 mins.

I did email the client directly. She emailed me the morning of the 18th and I replied when I got to her email around noon. My office hours are 9-4 so it took me approx. 3 hours to get to her email after I got in the office. As stated on our website, and in the client documentation, as well as the client login email, it is best to go to client support directly as that is monitored by several people and you will get a reply faster then just emailing me (one person).

She did put in a support ticket and that was replied to almost instantly. So we did not leave anyone hanging. My support team are awesome at what they do and they get back to clients very fast as they did with this client.

As for not having my phone # listed, this is for various reasons.

#1. There is no way I myself could ever handle all the phone calls I would receive if I had my # listed. I did at one point and I was getting alot of calls a day both from clients as well as non clients asking questions. 99.9% of all of these questions can either be answered by reading the FAQ's, Help Desk, Client Help Community, OR by contacting client support.

#2. I would get phone calls at all hours of the night. The craziest one I remember was at 2 am in the morning. It was a client wanting to know if it was ok to sell a certain product on her site! She could of simply emailed us and asked.

#3. Just like you get spam via email, I started getting spam via the phone. Half of the calls received were someone trying to sell me something.

So as you can see there are a couple reasons why I don't list my phone #. All of that takes time and lots of it. I just can't be on the phone all day. I have an awesome support team in place that handles 99.9% of client support and they do it in a very timely manner! The support system is in place and monitored by several people so that our clients get a faster response. I also have the servers monitored 24/7 and any tech problems that arise are taken care of right away.

With this whole situation here, it was not our fault and we tried to explain it to the client to help her resolve her problem. I believe both my replies as well as the reply to her support ticket were done in a timely manner.

So I'm not sure where our customer support lacked here. If it was simply because we don't have a phone # listed, then I am sorry for that. But as you can see with this issue, it was answered and resolved on our end in a matter of mins. from my support team via the help desk and was found out it was not even a problem on our end but on another company.

Anyways, I am sorry for your frustration but please take it out on the right people. We are not to blame in this situation.

If you are still upset with our us for whatever reason, then that is your right. I know we can't please everyone all of the time and I know we aren't perfect. All we can do is our best and I believe that is what we do everyday.

Hopefully all of those that have followed this post and have read your comments, have also read my comments and those of have posted in favor of DIY and will see from our website, that we have 100's of happy clients. I know everyone has freedom of speech but it's sad when someone can openly post about another company making that company look bad when it wasn't even their fault. Stuff like this hurts businesses and is uncalled for :(

Thank you and have a Great day everyone!!

Bottom line - home business or regular business

You should have a working phone number for someone to get ahold of you. Help desk or FAQ's, support tickets or whatever - people STILL need that person to talk to, even just for comfort.

If you are so "backed up" and receive "100's of emails a day" - you need to hire someone to help you.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the logical side of these explanations & I'm not saying them to be disrespectful either.

So far on this thread THREE of you have spoken up to blame yahoo - why did NONE of you contact poor Smelly to let her know? Instead you come on the forum and pretty much say - Hey Smelly, not our fault - why don't you pay your bill ya big dummy?

...and damn YOU too Yahoo!

edited to say - Sorry, if you have a home business phone calls from telemarketers, crazies and nutbars are something you have to deal with on a regular basis. If you can't, then maybe you are in the wrong business.

I did indeed reply in her support ticket within minutes of her submitting the support ticket.

My first response to her was the were unaware of any outages but would investigate further because indeed I could not pull up her website.

On a hunch about 15 minutes later I decided to check the WhoIs info on her domain which showed that her website registration had expired which at that time I added a note to her support ticket that stated this was the problem and why her website was not coming up.

So please, do not say we did not respond to her. My knowledge of the situation occurred when I saw the support ticket and within a total of 20 minutes of seeing that support ticket I had an answer as to what the problem was.