Contact for DIY Stores -- Help!!

smellywax

Oh and I would like to add, I've never said smelly was to blame. I said my personal opinion was a good portion of the blame should be put on Yahoo because THEY failed to contact her and let her know of the expiration.

The good news is that when I checked her site yesterday, it is again up and running.

I would love to be the one to make things run perfectly and smoothly all the time but the simple fact is it can't. But I will always do what I can when I'm aware of something and do it as fast as I humanly can.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So please, do not say we did not respond to her. My knowledge of the situation occurred when I saw the support ticket and within a total of 20 minutes of seeing that support ticket I had an answer as to what the problem was.

This is what has me confused about the whole situation.

She came on here to get advice how to get ahold of you because she hadn't heard anything in 6 hours of emailing you or putting in a complaint ticket whatever.

So you are pretty much telling us that Smelly is a liar right?

Oh and I would like to add, I've never said smelly was to blame. I said my personal opinion was a good portion of the blame should be put on Yahoo because THEY failed to contact her and let her know of the expiration.

You didn't have to "say" it - you all implied it - every one of you did.

In your personal opinion who was to blame for the other portion if yahoo was to blame for a "good portion" and none of it was you guy's fault.

You see where I am going here??? You understand the frustration??

Hell, I don't even do business with you guys and I already have a terrible taste in my mouth for your company :P

No, I am saying that when Smelly used the support ticket system at 1:04pm, I responded immediately.

She e-mailed either Shelly OR the default e-mail address of which I do not have access to. I simply respond to things on the support system.

I was unaware of her post on here about how to contact DIY until after the fact. Please do not put words in my mouth that I am calling Smelly a liar.

I am simply stating the facts as I know it in my involvement of the situation which was only the support ticket submission.

I implied it? When I say good portion, this is what I mean since I apparently cannot be specific for you.

Good portion means I blame Yahoo for the lack of communication with Smelly about her domain name and that is was expiring. And by good portion I put a blame of 95%. That other 5% could be factors such as e-Mail being blocked as spam, the e-mail gods not getting communication to her and the simple fact of the number of e-mails received in the mail inbox of Shelly and DIY estores that did not permit a response to her as quick as she wanted.

I don't believe anywhere I have said, "Smelly, your dumb, why didn't you know this?" I have done what I can to educate and tell her how she can get her website back online. That is all I could do.

If that makes me a liar well then so be it. I can't change anyone's opinion. You will read as you wish and there isn't a darn thing I can say that will change that.

The bottom line is that in this situation it was NOT a problem on our end.

We DID reply to the client in a timely manner. She emailed me that morning and I replied around noon that day.

As far as hiring someone to help. I have a full staff that helps. They are the ones that take care of the support desk. So our help is there and in place! This client just choose to email me the owner directly instead of contacting support.

As stated, had she put in a support ticket that morning instead of emailing me directly, she would of had a reply probably right away and none of this whole mess would of even been started!

She also had the chance to post on the DIY Client Community. Why she choose to come here and post, I don't have a clue. This is not our community and up until that day I had never even heard of this message board.

The client was given a couple different options to get support and she failed to use them correctly and thus had to wait a few hours for a reply. There is nothing we can do about that.

So my company did NOT lack support in this case. In fact, I believe the support we provided was top notch!

And I will add this is stated on our website, in the website documentation, as well as in the login email every client receives. It says right there what to do to get support. But she did NOT do that and emailed me directly and thus had a few hours wait.

This special client support help desk and forum are monitored by our staff throughout the day, so that we can get back to clients in a timely manner. Please do not contact Pre-Sales Dept. or Shelly directly as this will delay the response time.

The client was upset that her website was down and rightfully so. However she was upset at the wrong people as it was down because she didn't renew her domain with yahoo. Had she renewed it, done of this would of even happened!

I don't know what else to say to clarify this and perhaps nothing I say will help. Let's just end it at this and if the client has any questions or needs any other help, she can contact our client support via the help desk or DIY client community and we will be more then happy to help her. I am sure that candle tech doesn't want nor need all of this here on their community when it has nothing to do with their website.

Thank you!

Oh I do believe this has surpassed the blame game girls.

You have one person working for you saying:

Smelly used the support ticket system at 1:04pm, I responded immediately

But she actually posted 23 minutes BEFORE Smelly used the support ticket system telling all of us:

As responded to on your support desk issue, it is actually your domain name that has expired.

Then YOU (the owner) come on here saying things like:

She also had the chance to post on the DIY Client Community. Why she choose to come here and post, I don't have a clue. This is not our community and up until that day I had never even heard of this message board.

What the hell is the difference WHERE she posts and why is this even being brought into the discussion?

Oh, this is my favorite:

As stated, had she put in a support ticket that morning instead of emailing me directly, she would of had a reply probably right away and none of this whole mess would of even been started!

Yeah Smelly - what were you thinking!!??

Didn't you KNOW this was the way it was done??? Oh...you didn't...oh, that's why you came here looking for help...why? because you couldn't get an answer from them...oh, I see ...

GOOD REASON

This one tops the list:

I am sure that candle tech doesn't want nor need all of this here on their community when it has nothing to do with their website.

Doubt it - this thread has opened MANY eyes.

The time on the support ticket system and the time on the board system here are different. Times are not standard across the board everywhere.

The support system is set to Eastern Time whereas on here for me is set at Central Time.

So in essence, I responded to the post here 40 minutes AFTER she submitted the support ticket.

1:04 ET is 12:04 CT

Ok this is my last post on this because its getting nowhere.

OBVIOUSLY anything I am saying about the situation is considered a lie. No matter what I say, something comes back with well that isn't what you said or try to discredit what I have said. Yes I HAVE wasted an afternoon on it because its important to me not to be made out as liar.

I have stated and shown time again what I did about the situation when I became aware of it on the support desk which was 1:04pm ET.

I will go back to my happy little hole in the world doing my thing and helping those who need help and answering those who have questions.

FORGIVE ME for caring that other may want the truth and facts instead of it being twisted to make it all look like I'm some mean and cruel individual who doesn't give a darn.

So if I say she posted on the support system at 1:04 ET (12:04 CT) and then respond on here at 12:40pm CT(according to my list) then I responded before she made the support desk request?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't 12:40pm CT, 1:40pm ET?

On a forum, you can set the user setting to match your time zone.

Ok officially going back to my hole in the world

It seems like if DIY is so backed up with emails that they are not in a business they can handle which is why I won't keep my site with DIY. My site is back up because of a lot of phone calls my husband made....hear that phone calls. If you can't have a phone number you don't need to be in the business period. Home business or whatever. I had a legitimate concern and I couldn't even get into the support desk area of the DIY site for two hours because it didn't recognize my email address since my website wasn't working....which is why I emailed Shelley and posted here to see if anyone had a number because I couldn't do anything else. I finally went to an old support ticket of mine since I had problems previously with my site down (DIY's server down) and emailed back through that email about this problem. So you see...your log on service support requests doesn't always work and in this case it didn't for me. I wasn't going to say anything else but you guys are sure pointing the finger and full of excuses. You should be spending more time helping customers and answering all of those emails you are getting as you say. You know, I have been nice and have refrained from answering questions on this board about websites....Maybe I should point out the problems with DIY everytime someone asks about hosting.

Wow, what an unfortunate incident. I am so sorry you are frusterated with all this. It is true that while running a business is truly rewarding, it is only rewarding if everything works.

I myself have been in your shoes, kind of. I was with a hosting company that had the same troubles...my site went down on a regular basis and the support I got was delayed. I had numerous complaints from customers telling me how frusterated there were. It was at this point that I became concerned because if my customers were not happy, those unhappy customers would tell friends, who would tell their friends and so on. That is when I started emailing for support.

Sometimes my emails went days without being answered, but most times they were answered right away.

We cannot control computer technology, but we can control customer service and support. When you are a paying customer and you are in essence being ignored...that is frusterating indeed. I ended up switchng hosting sites because of this very reason, and I can honestly say I have never been happier. When I email support for anything, I get a response within a few hours...sometimes within a few minutes. What we all have to remember though is these hosting companies have hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of clients. If someones site goes down on their hosting system, then that means everyones is down who hosts with them,and support is probably getting overwhelmed by emails asking for help.

If for any reason my site goes down (which it hasn't in 5 months) the owner sends out an email to everyone explaining what has happened. This is GREAT because while they are trying their hardest to repair the problem, they have alerted their clients that there is a temporary glitch. This in turn prevents the host from receiving a bunch of emails about the same problem, and makes the client feel better knowing they are not being ignored. COMMUNICATION to your customers is key here...without communication...you have nothing.

Best of luck to you, and I certainly understand what you are going through :(

Well just to post my experience with DIY..I emailed them from their site a couple of months ago about their services as I was very interested. Never received a response, was disappointed a bit and so I went on my merry way to another host.

With no response after 2 attempts, I figured they didn't need my business and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I did submit a support issue. My site has been down 4 times this month...that is not reliable. I hear so many good things from users but it has only been frustration for me. I am just going to go back to Yahoo. Thanks.

Hmmm...Apparently, this month, Smelly's site has been up, then down again, then up again, then back down again. Does that mean her domain name expired, renewed, expired again in one month? Everyone from DIY is stating this Yahoo's fault, but it doesn't sound to me like all of the trouble she has experienced this month could be due to her Yahoo domain registration expiring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe once your domain name expires they activate your name again for a few days, then deactivate it, then re-activate it, then deactivate it again.

Edited to add: I make it a policy NEVER to do business with a company that does not list a phone number or address where they can be contacted. That is wise advice for everybody to follow.

Sherry,

While I do understand your frustration. You have to understand as explained to you several times by myself and my staff. What happen today has NOTHING to do with DIYeStores.com.

Your domain name who you have regsitered with at Yahoo.com expired. We have no connection whatsoever with your domain name and have no control over when you renew it or not. Yahoo should of sent you reminders and if they did not, then that is something you need to take up with them.

But again the problem with your domain name is in no way affiliated with DIYeStores.com.

As for sites going down and people leaving, I have never heard of any. But I imagine there could be a couple. Every host has server trouble but our techincal team is always on top of any problems that arise with the server and they are fixed ASAP! But again I should add that your problem today is NOT because of DIYeStores or our servers!

Thank you!

Shelly Terrell - Owner DIYeStores.com!

Hi Shelly--

I can speak from experience that your server is not alone in having server issues. I also build websites and have had many issues over the years with server crashes, it is part of the internet. I think it is just the name of the game, and you have to be able to roll with the punches when it happens. Customers get mad, but really, some things are out of your control. I think many people just do not understand the nature of the beast.

The site appearing to be down off and on since a domain expires is a result of how servers run. Some servers run primary and others may be running a back up server on one day and then the primary the next.

A good ISP is doing this to maintain things on the net because of the millions of DNS addresses. It is why new domain registrations can take 24-48 hours because the changes have to propogate over the entire Internet which means DNS address and ISP's have to get that update.

Not to mention it could be cached on someone's computer and they don't automatically renew what they are viewing each time they visit so what they are seeing is a cached version since they last renewed the view. Also if an ISP hasn't updated their servers to renew views, they may store a cached version as well.

Have seen this happen to clients who are making edits to their site and can't see them. It's either their ISP or the settings of Internet Explorer.

SockMonkey,

Her first orginal post stated this:

Does anyone have a phone number for the DIYstores...I am emailing and getting no response. My site has gone down for the second time in a month

This was only her 2nd time being down and this time it was due to yahoo and her domain. The first time was probably our server. I don't recall but I imagine it was. We did have some server downtime a few weeks ago but our tech team was on top of it and got it fixed! So YES she may have had her site down for a short period of time once!

Where the 4 times comes in I don't know? If that is what she is saying now, then it has changed since her orginal post and I am sorry to say but NO our server has not been down 4 times since her site has been open.

Thanks!

Well, I'm a VERY satisfied DIY customer. I have an an awesome website and I know nothing about building websites. Their programs are easy and professional. I am very proud to be associated with DIY. I think their method of responding is appropriate considering the really large client base they have. I highly recommend them. Carole