Coconut & Blackberry Sage

Margaritamama

I made these candles yesterday. The coconut is made with 1274, and even though it's a white candle, you can see the mottling. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I love the smell!!

The blackberry sage is made with 4625, and I used a wine colored dye - to get the whole blackberry effect - and tried to get the rustic look. The votives tended to have some jump lines, but to be honest, I rather like the look. The pillar turned out rustic, with a few jump lines, but again I think it adds to the effect. Like I've said before, I make my candles for personal use, so as long as I like the look, and feel it fits with my environment, I'm happy! :D

Man, I'm happy to see your pix. They look great to me (little Canadian boy) I just received a case of 4625 today, hoping to get some great results for rustics. I've been studying every word on here about them and Trish has given me some advice so I'm good to go in the next couple of days. If one turns out I'll post it for sure.

Tucker,

In my experience it's all trial and error. And I think most of the pros on this forum will agree that it's all about testing to see what works best. I enjoy the process, as well as the end result. I don't think it would be as enjoying if every candle I made came out just perfect!

I wish you well in your endeavours. I hope your candles will be everything you wish them to be.....

If you like them, then you have definately done it right. Wellllllll I like them too. And whoever said jump rings were bad....in the old days, rustic candles were considered to be failures until they became "cool".....Love you display too. Donita