So who has an actual real store?

sandyrose

My DREAM come true would be to have a little B&B shop somwhere in the downtown area of a cute little suburb. In my dreams I have it al designed rustic looking with tiny splashes of trendy bright colors.

I'm going to school for Theraputic Massage right now so I'd have my own practice there too. Kind of like a B&B shop and wellness center for the Body-Mind-Spirit. And of course all my massage threapy clients would have to walk through my store. :wink2: teehee.... and see & smell all my wonderful B&B products each time.

I'd love to hear about your stores.. see pictures or whatever. Anyone?

How nice to see someone with similar interests! I'm a Massage Therapist myself and I make soy candles which I've been able to sell in the places I work at... namely in a chiropractor's office and in a Spa I work in ocassionally.

Unfortunately I don't have a REAL store nor do I know if I want one. However, I have thought about putting one of those wagon type carts Ive seen at some malls. It would be wood and all around the cart I'd have different colored votives mixed in with the glass containers and travel tins and some related stuff, like beaded votive containers for sale and maybe even some bath products.

Monica

I am fotunate in that the chiropractors I work with are very open minded and naturalists, so when I pitched them the soy candles along with all the benefits vs paraffin... they were sold. I provide them with a couple of boxes of votives and an assortment of travel tins monthly but it's not a great quantity. They don't lose anything because I give it to them on consignment which means they don't pay up front for the candles but rather at the end of the month.

I don't make much money on them to tell you the truth but it's good to have them available there and as a result I've gotten clients from them where I've made candles for special ocassions such as a wedding and for Secretary's day... so in that respect it's been good (for referrals).

Also, I have a little frame with information on my candles sitting on their counter (advertisement).

I'd say try to sell them on the benefits of soy candles and then offer them a try out period of a couple of months where you'll provide them with a specific assortment of candles for them to try it out and see how their clients like it. I always give them an invoice specifying what I'm bringing them and what their cost is as well as Suggested retail price that way they have a clue what to sell it for and how much they can make.

Good luck!

I work in a chiropractor's office. How did you work your candles into the office? I dont know how to explain how they would fit in. I offer over 30 scents for my soy candles. Do you have 30 candles in there? How do you sell them there? Please explain. I never thought of doing that.

You might want to start out by telling the Dr. about the benefits of aroma therapy. How it can be soothing or energizing. Start with EO's then build up to FO's if you want to go that way too.

I have a store, but b&b is not my main line (although I wish it was). I sell lotion and soap that I create (from bases) and some butter and fragrance oils, but that's about it for the time being. I've experimented with sugar scrubs and liked them for my own personal use, but I'm not confident enough to package them for resell at this point.

The lotion is an easy sell for me when people come to check out. I keep it nearby and suggest they try one. They usually buy.

I also sell my soaps and lotions wholesale to other gift stores and I would like to eventually only do wholesale.

My DH is a Chiropractor.....we bought a small cottage last year and he has one side for his practice and I have the other for my candles etc.

Some of his patients have told people that the Doc has an aromatherapy shop next door :) and of course some of his patients are my best customers.

If you have patients waiting to see the Doctor then it's nice for them to have something to do (smelling your candles :) ) while they are waiting.

I have some pictures when I was first setting up, since then I have changed things around a lot but haven't had time to take any new pics.

you can see at http://photos.yahoo.com/francieram

My DH is a Chiropractor.....we bought a small cottage last year and he has one side for his practice and I have the other for my candles etc.

Some of his patients have told people that the Doc has an aromatherapy shop next door :) and of course some of his patients are my best customers.

If you have patients waiting to see the Doctor then it's nice for them to have something to do (smelling your candles :) ) while they are waiting.

I have some pictures when I was first setting up, since then I have changed things around a lot but haven't had time to take any new pics.

you can see at http://photos.yahoo.com/francieram

That is a GORGEOUS shop, how lucky you are!!! WOW that must take a lot of capital to get something that big running huh?

I would love to shop in there. :D

You should be very proud, as I'm sure you are. :)