For Sabrina ...

Mozzie

... I've been promising to post photos of my palm everlastings ever since early August so here's one to start with. It's scented with Spring Rain and is a birthday tribute to my sister, Geraldine. Sabrina, I promise to post more soon. :tiptoe: Hope that's okay. LOL.

post-592-139458408482_thumb.jpg

Wow that looks really cool! How did you get the wording on it?

Hi Kim, It's a waterslide decal. You just put it through the printer, add sealer, soak in water til the plastic slides off the backing sheet then attach to the candle, add more sealer and it's done. Glad you like it. My sister was pretty thrilled. :thumbsup: Thank goodness.

Miss Mozzie, I've played with the waterslide decals and never thought to coat with the sealant before soaking them in water. Bet that helps avoid the wrinkles. Don't know about Sabrina but I love your everlasting palm candle. Your sis is a lucky lady.

Thanks Sharyl. I don't know about helping with wrinkles but if I don't seal first all the ink just floats away. I read somewhere about some other waterslide decals that don't need sealing to fix the ink to the paper so maybe that's the sort you have. Mozzie

Wow! It does look great.

What kind of wax is the votive/tealight and does the palm wax hold up to the heat?

Hi C M, The tea light is paraffin and while palm wax won't ordinarily hold up to the heat the tea light is inside a glass holder and that protects the palm. I have been burning tea lights for up to 8 hours straight and so far all seems fine. Mozzie

That is beautiful. I love it. Did you use a tealight plug to make the hole?

No, I didn't. I've tried but had trouble getting the wax to release from the plug without making a mess so I simply place the glass holder in the mould, stick a weight on top on hold it down and then pour. After about 30 mins the wax is starting to solidify so I remove the weight, fill up the hole left by the weight and a few hours later unmould. Easy-peasy.

That's a really sharp looking candle. I'm still trying to figure out how you get the weight off after it starts to get solid. Would ya draw me a picture. duh!LOL Ginger
Hi Ginger, A picture saves a thousand words so I've attached one for you. It's much easier to remove the weight from shorter moulds so for tall one's like the one in the photo I don't fill the mould to the very top - I leave a gap of about half an inch so that I can still grip the top of the weight to pull it out. Warning! If you intend trying this at home (LOL) be sure to use a paper towel or similar to grab the weight with - it gets super hot. HTH. Mozzie

post-592-139458408805_thumb.jpg