What printer for Home Business?

theoldehearth

Hi, can anyone suggest a good printer for printing labels at home? I've had it with my supplier where I've been ordering so I've decided to do my own now since prices for printers have gone down and I've got my own graphics. I would appreciate any input what you use and are happy with.

Thanks

Shannon

I am not sure what you are exactly going for, but before I got my labels professionally done, my HP 7660 was my best friend (still is really for little jobs here and there)

It would print out such crisp pictures and when using the photo ink cartridge you could really get the highest quality graphics.

I also like my Epson CX6600, but in my opinion, not as good quality as my HP.

Don't waste your money on a Lexmark....my understanding is for photo quality, there's SOOOO much better out there for inkjets. I believe a Canon comes to mind?

I'd love to jump on a laser printer, but I don't need it for photos. My understanding is an inkjet is better for photo graphics.

I have a Epson Stylus CX7800 multi-function printer and its great. The ink in Epsons is Dura Bright Ultra which is waterproof, it also saves on color because the ink cartridges are all separate Black, Yellow, Cyan & Magenta.

I got mine at Sam's Club. Here is more info http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=56291070 Check out the Interactive Tour.

post-219-139458408807_thumb.jpg

post-219-139458408808_thumb.jpg

I have that same printer, Candleman. :wink2:

I had sooooo many issues with it. I could never get labels or even plain paper to print correctly. I got it from QVC a while back. I gave up on that blasted printer from hell, it's sitting on the loveseat in my office awaiting its fate.

I love my cheap Lexmark I bought last year when my other pricey Lexmark took a shit in the middle of busy season. This thing lines up round labels no matter how you feed the paper, every time.

Currently I am using my Lexmark and a Konica Minolta laser.

I am going to get an HP 2660N Color laser, a friend of mine has one and she prints mega labels and they come out beautiful.

We bought an HP 2110 3 years ago and it has done great for us since then. I would reccomend either HP or Epson, as the seem to be the best out there. The ink is a bit expensive, but I found some places online that offer free shipping over a certain amount and it is alot cheaper than buying from the store.

Good luck!

Steph

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to vote for a color laser printer. They are no longer as expensive as they used to be. Supplies are easy to find and don't smear. No inkjet worries. Search, search, search and whatever you decide to buy, check out the cartridges/toners to make sure that printer is something you can afford to use. PS we have the Magicolor 2300. Good luck!!

Mine just died yesterday. Don't buy a Brother, they eat ink like crazy, i was buying new cartridges every week. I just picked up a Canon MP530 until I could find a new one. Been looking at the laser printers, there are a few HP's that are under $500. I was looking at the ink cartridge cost and number of pages to get out of them and ones with seperate cartridges for each color. I was told on some of the units it was very slow printing for a laser depending on how the cartridges was set up. And check prices....some were as much as $100 cheaper if you buy online vs in a store.