First CP- Ginger Lime

dcroome2005

Here we go. Watch this thread for updated pictures.

The first pic was after it was just poured. Thanks to Grumpy for staying on the phone with me through the whole process.

I put Violet Mica in it, but it didnt do anything. Hopefully it will turn as it sets up! :-)

Here is the 1st cut ( 18 hours in). Still way to soft, but hey, I have to learn somehow. Will cut more later today . Damn- I have to learn how to cut. LMFAO This wasn't a very big mold.

I will clean them up when my beveler gets here. I can't wait to get bigger molds!

gingerlimecut002.jpg

cp1st2ndcut002.jpg

cp1st001.jpg

OK I am going to ask the next two stupidiest questions on this forum.

1. How soon can I take it out of the mold? I was told 12-24 hours, just want to make sure.

2. How soon can I cut it? I am thinking right after I take it out of the mold. Am I correct?

oh. one more dumb question.

THis will show the "cheapness" in me.

Someone told me to go get a curring rack at Walley World. Well I went to K-mart and they had the metal ones ( which I see most people use) and a hard plastic one that I got 2 for the price of the metal one. Is the plastic ( hard plastic) one ok to use to let them cure?

Ok- off and done with my stupid questions.

Thanks

Christina

Not stupid questions at all :)

Depending on the recipe - I usually leave my soap in the mold for 24 hours (some even longer if it is really soft) Others unmold sooner. When you unmmold your soap it will be firm but still soft enough to leave an impression with your finger.

I cut mine when I take it out of the mold.

What ever works best for you is best to cure the soaps on. I have a shelf that I use. I also line the shelf with - not sure what they call it but you get it in the craft dept, it's the plastic that they use for needle point - it is made up of lots of little squares. that helps to get air circulation underneath as well.

HTH and Happy soapin

Great Job I leave my soap in the mold for at least 24 hours, if I need the mold I will take it out, set it on freezer paper and let it sit another day, just cover it with a towel or wax paper and then cut the next day.

There is no cheap in this business, I use plastic racks to cure my soap, got them at wally world, they are like four of five shelves high and break down.

Can't wait to see your soap cut.:D

So what, you don't believe your sista now when she tells ya something?

LMAO! :D

OK I am going to ask the next two stupidiest questions on this forum.

1. How soon can I take it out of the mold? I was told 12-24 hours, just want to make sure.

2. How soon can I cut it? I am thinking right after I take it out of the mold. Am I correct?

oh. one more dumb question.

THis will show the "cheapness" in me.

Someone told me to go get a curring rack at Walley World. Well I went to K-mart and they had the metal ones ( which I see most people use) and a hard plastic one that I got 2 for the price of the metal one. Is the plastic ( hard plastic) one ok to use to let them cure?

Ok- off and done with my stupid questions.

Thanks

Christina

Well I unmolded it, it's still soft. It was 18 hours when I tried the first two cuts. Way too soft still. I can show you the pics of the soft cuts, but they are horribly smushed. But I will do it anyways and then take better pics later when it has time to harden more. I wanted my mold ( since I only have one and waiting on more molds) I have a vet appt this morning to have my cat's stitches taken out and then when I get back- it's SOAPIN' time.

I did order some "select shades" yesterday. I am going to try a different color mica today and see if I can't get it to work. Next soapin' fo is Amber Romance! :-)

Christina