DIY Website Question

Corence

Ok, for those that know how, and are willing to help. How do I go about changing from my already crappy website, to one from DIY? Right now I have a godaddy website (and I hate it) and I would really like to try my hand at building one at DIY.

Anyone want to help me.....or should i just give them a call? :undecided

Thnx

Very easy to switch. When you sign up for your new DIY, there is a place to say if you are transferring from another site or starting new. They are closed until September 6th for new site signups, but you could do it after then. If you have any questions...please let me know. I've been with them for 4 years and can help in any way that I can. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my gosh! I'm in the exact same boat! I got my domain through Go Daddy, purchased their so called 'easy setup website' and it's been sitting ducks for MONTHS because I can't figure out the darn thing!! So far I've managed to get the home page done, LOL!! I haven't switched to any other DIY websites because I thought you would have to pay a fee for leaving. Now I'm willing to do just that to get my website up and running! Let me know how it turned out for you!

Yeah I'll GO alright DADDY!!:laugh2:

Shannon

www.bizhosting.com

Is what I used when I first started out because it was so easy and that is why I stayed with them too. It's more of a cut and paste type of site instead of all the html stuff (that I have no clue about), they have tons of storage (4+ years and I'm still not even close to filling the memory with pics!), you have many different choices for payment options and you can change it any time you want.

Oh, and I've never had mine go down once. :)

edited to add - There is also a 24 hour help line that you can talk to people anytime with bizhosting - not so with DIY. (You may want to do a search on DIY stores too before you make a decision. I know there are/were alot that deal/dealt with DIY and still do/don't. It's your money, spend it wisely ;))

VERY easy??? hmmm - not so sure about that but.....I just got signed up yesterday and did alot of research before I decided on them.....Like all things, there are some people who like them and some who don't - but all in all, I felt they were the best for me.

Now with that being said, LAWD it is not easy to set up...:D (for me) but I am reading and playing and reading some more! I was hoping it would be just a matter of click and move or whatever.....but I am sure that eventually I will 'get it' (or else one of my very smart, very good friend might!) Or the diy help desk will get very very tired of me!:whip:

I can turn my computer ON and OFF and find my way to message boards. Other than that I am a complete computer gumby....BUT the very nice people at DIY do get back to you very quickly if you have a question and I have had to ask them some very :confused: very basic questions. If they are laughing at me it's behind my back because their responses are very nice and easy for me to understand.

If I can do this anyone can and I highly recommend Shelly and the DIY website set up.

Thanks to everyone that is recommending DIYeStores! I am so glad it is working out for so many of you. To the original poster and those that asked, switching from another hosting company to our company is very easy to do. If you currently have a website running, we can create you a temporary website to work on while keeping your current website running. There is NO additional charge for this. This way you have no downtime with your business.

Also, if you read over the website, you will notice we are much more then just a place to host your website. Alot of hosting companies provide hosting and that is it. Nothing more. We provide you with resources, tools and promotional opportunities to build your business. You can read over the details and see all that comes with our services: http://www.diyestores.com/info.html

If you have any pre-sales questions, please feel free to contact us at: information@diyestores.com

And remember if you are a current DIY Client and you need help with anything, just let us know. You can join the client help community or submit a support ticket and we will get you taken care of.

If support via the help desk and community isn't working and you would rather we call and walk you through anything, we can do that as well. You just need to let us know!

Thanks again :)

Shelly Terrell - Owner

http://www.DIYeStores.com

If they need "any" type of support and the other support options are not working for them, we are happy to call them and walk them through it. 99.9% of the time my staff is able to help through the support desk or community so a phone call is never needed!

Most of our clients prefer the help desk or community option as they have a record of their questions answered and can refer back to them if need be. We have found over the years this option works out best for most but if a phone call is preferred for "any" support, we are happy to do that as well!

Shelly Terrell

So, last week when a customer wanted to do talk to someone at DIYestores (according to her post on the board), you could of called her, but you chose not to?

How 'bout LadyDi and the problems she is having now - can you give her a call too?

Please help me understand because this is far different from what you were saying last week.

OK I don't get this, but for some reason you feel the need to reply to every post regarding DIY and question how I run my company. Not that it's any of your business but since you keep popping in anytime someone is talking about DIY, I will answer you.

Last week the problem with our client was resolved via the help desk as well as email and was found out it was a problem on her end, not ours. So that was taken care of it. We didn't need to call her because we found out what the problem was and answered her and she took care of it. End of story!

As for LadyDi, that's already been taken care of too and it wasn't a problem, she just had a question on using a merchant. So again no phone call needed here either.

Hopefully that will put your mind at ease. I don't understand why you keep questioning me. You seem to have a great deal of interest in my company and the way we handle support. You must have alot of extra time on your hands. Perhaps you should devote all of the time you spend questioning my company on your own business.

Shelly Terrell - Owner

Once again, I don't think this is the appropriate forum to get into a pissing contest - vendor vs member.....

And once again, I must (respectfully) ask that the vendors go away! (Even if my post gets pulled - again)

Perhaps I am mistaken, but vendors, suppliers, etc belong in their own section - Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am just tired of seeing these pissing contests between vendors and members

Take it somewhere else! :tiptoe:

Debbie

Absolutely Shelly because you are dealing with a COMMUNITY of small business owners & I am in that community. I happen to care about these ladies, so you're damn right I am going to ask questions.

What bothers me the most is that you fail to understand why all the questions. Don't you want your customers to know these things? I mean, what do you have to hide?

If nothing, then just reply with honest answers - that's all you have to do.

Oh, and PS- I do have time on my hands...all I have to wait for is a baby right now because I am off on maternity leave, but I don't think any of that is relevant to the way you handle your business is it? lol

I fail to understand why YOU are asking all the questions. Who are you? You aren't a client? You aren't a potenial client! So you have NO NEED to know anything about the way my business is ran. And you have NO right to question how I handle my business!! And it's not only the questions you are asking but it's the rude remarks you make in the way I handle my business and the asking of the same question over and over!

If my clients have a question or need help, THEY can ask it!

Who are you kidding! This has NOTHING to do with you caring about these ladies! I am sure that others here can see that you are just wanting to "stir" up trouble. That is too sad. I feel sorry for you! Hopefully you will learn to become a better person.

And you are right, you having a baby isn't relevant to the way I handle my business! So I should mind my own business in regards to that, right? Well guess what, SO SHOULD YOU! The way I handle my business is NOT revelent to you and should be of no concern to you!

Now I know you will come back at me with something stupid like you have been and that is fine. You will only make yourself look worse.

Shelly Terrell - Owner

Once again, I don't think this is the appropriate forum to get into a pissing contest - vendor vs member.....

And once again, I must (respectfully) ask that the vendors go away! (Even if my post gets pulled - again)

Perhaps I am mistaken, but vendors, suppliers, etc belong in their own section - Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am just tired of seeing these pissing contests between vendors and members

Take it somewhere else! :tiptoe:

Debbie

I whole heartedly agree its getting really old.

I fail to understand why YOU are asking all the questions. Who are you? You aren't a client? You aren't a potenial client! So you have NO NEED to know anything about the way my business is ran. And you have NO right to question how I handle my business!! And it's not only the questions you are asking but it's the rude remarks you make in the way I handle my business and the asking of the same question over and over!

If my clients have a question or need help, THEY can ask it!

Who are you kidding! This has NOTHING to do with you caring about these ladies! I am sure that others here can see that you are just wanting to "stir" up trouble. That is too sad. I feel sorry for you! Hopefully you will learn to become a better person.

And you are right, you having a baby isn't relevant to the way I handle my business! So I should mind my own business in regards to that, right? Well guess what, SO SHOULD YOU! The way I handle my business is NOT revelent to you and should be of no concern to you!

Now I know you will come back at me with something stupid like you have been and that is fine. You will only make yourself look worse.

Shelly Terrell - Owner

Wow, I am very happy that the search feature on CT is user friendly so people can come back on these posts at any time & for the record Shelly? I have been a member here for a very long time and people know me.

They don't, however know you - but they are getting to know you, your friends and your business very well.