DIY Website Question

Corence

Smart Tart and Vicky,

I TOTALLY agree with you! And I am sorry that you and other members have to read this! Trust me, I don't enjoy it either!

Why she feels the need to turn a simple post asking a question into something else is beyond me! Perhaps she enjoys causing trouble, I don't know!

I don't take Defamation of my company lightly and I have been in contact with my attorney regarding this person. I have records of all post and will continue to monitor this community for any other libel remarks against my company and will seek legal action if need be.

Shelly Terrell - Owner

http://www.DIYeStores.com

Smart Tart and Vicky,

I TOTALLY agree with you! And I am sorry that you and other members have to read this! Trust me, I don't enjoy it either!

Why she feels the need to turn a simple post asking a question into something else is beyond me! Perhaps she enjoys causing trouble, I don't know!

Many suppliers have forums where questions can be asked. It seems, though, that even with that option people will seek a forum that is not supplier specific to get unbiased feedback from their peers, or just vent a little on a more even playing field. If everything is all good, the members will let the poster know. And if it is not, they will as well. Historically, it seems when a supplier answers in the more heated threads people feel kind of intruded upon.

Suppliers are welcome here. It is nice when they are part of the community in all aspects, not just the threads pertaining to them directly.

Smart Tart and Vicky,

I don't take Defamation of my company lightly and I have been in contact with my attorney regarding this person. I have records of all post and will continue to monitor this community for any other libel remarks against my company and will seek legal action if need be.

Shelly Terrell - Owner

Actually, to more than a few members here, you are the one making yourself AND your company look worse with every post. Between you and your "staff" trying to defend your business, it's looking like you have more to defend than to celebrate. I have seen NO defamation of your company here, only you trying to clarify and in the process demeaning your business all on your own.

I would suggest that you take your own advice, and devote your time to your business rather than "continue to monitor this community for other libel remarks..." It would be bad indeed if your paranoia caused more red flags and questions on your business practices. Wouldn't you agree?

Thanks to everyone that is recommending DIYeStores! I am so glad it is working out for so many of you. To the original poster and those that asked, switching from another hosting company to our company is very easy to do. If you currently have a website running, we can create you a temporary website to work on while keeping your current website running. There is NO additional charge for this. This way you have no downtime with your business.

Also, if you read over the website, you will notice we are much more then just a place to host your website. Alot of hosting companies provide hosting and that is it. Nothing more. We provide you with resources, tools and promotional opportunities to build your business. You can read over the details and see all that comes with our services: http://www.diyestores.com/info.html

If you have any pre-sales questions, please feel free to contact us at: information@diyestores.com

And remember if you are a current DIY Client and you need help with anything, just let us know. You can join the client help community or submit a support ticket and we will get you taken care of.

If support via the help desk and community isn't working and you would rather we call and walk you through anything, we can do that as well. You just need to let us know!

Thanks again :)

Shelly Terrell - Owner

This was nothing but a FREE ADVERTISEMENT for her company. This post belongs under SUPPLIER ANNOUNCEMENTS, or should even be deleted as SPAM. As for her threats of monitoring this board and taking legal action, she ought to recognize that her membership (and all of her staff lurking here) is a privilege that can be revoked at any time.

I think we've been had everybody...look at the post count for all the wonderful people who love DIY in this thread. See a pattern?

I don't have a website yet but I am working toward that goal. I have checked out many sites including the DIY site. I think it would be a great place for me because my site will be in the country mode. I know all sites have occasional problems. It's the nature of the internet. I still think DIY would be right for me. But I have to say, after reading how the owner of the site and her employees conduct themselves on a public forum, I could never trust my business to someone who is that volatile. The name calling, screaming (capital letters) and threats are beyond professional behaviour. Joining an established forum of candle, soap and B&B makers for the sole purpose of promoting your businessness and then attacking it's members is incredible and certainly eye opening. I assume, rightly or wrongly, that a persons personality and how they do business is tightly intertwined. I'm sorry the people at DIY has chosen this route to deal with a problem. I have just decided who I would never want to deal with. I just don't need any more hassles and drama in my live. It's really unfortunate.