Please critique this NG sample list :)

Henryk

Trying to get a sample list for NG - trying to narrow it down is difficult after reading some of the descriptions and the user reviews.

I know I picked some items that are similar, but is there anything on this list that smells VERY similar to another item?

Anything you just dislike?

Finally, if anything is over-the-top sweet, please let me know. (I already know Candy Corn would be).

(Sorry for all the questions.)

Acorn Harvest (ZB)

Amaretto (ZB, ZS)

Apple Jack Peel (ZB, ZS)

Apples and Oak (ZB, ZG, ZS)

Bayberry (ZB, ZS)

Candy Corn (ZB)

Chai Tea

Christmas Cabin

Christmas Splendor

Christmas Thyme

Cinnamon Buns

Clove (ZB, ZS)

Country Bumpkin

Eggnog

Fireplace

Hillbilly Homebrew

Hot Cocoa (ZB)

Indian Summer (ZB, ZS, ZG)

Mulled Cider

Nutmeg (ZB, ZG, ZS)

Pine Forest

Precious Gifts (ZB)

Sage Leaf (ZB, ZS, ZG)

Spiced Cranberry (ZS, ZB)

Sweet Potato Pie

Toasted Hazelnut

Vanilla Pear (ZB)

TIA!

Thanks for the responses everyone - I know I won't have time to work with ALL of them - I'm going to narrow it down to 20, then pick a handful and try to perfect them. (Some of my choices are ones I wouldn't use on their own - but I'm going to layer them with others in pillars. i.e. the clove and nutmeg.

So, if anyone else has any suggestions I'd really love to hear them! Thanks again.

I've tried two on your list - Vanilla Pear and Hillbilly Homebrew and I think they're both great. The Vanilla Pear doesn't seem super strong in the bottle but it does have a very nice throw in soy. I use the Hillbilly Homebrew but rename it Mulled Cider, great fall scent.

Nutmeg from NG is not what you might expect or hope for. I just tested this one last week. They describe it as an herbal base, and this is true. I only smell the nutmeg slightly. To me this one smells like a msculine soap scent. It smells nothing like fresh nutmeg. I also tested and poured Christmas Splendor, Spiced Cranberry and Eggnog recently. Love all three, great throw. HTH. Janette

Wow - thanks very much everyone.

Guess Nutmeg is off the list - too bad. I really wanted a straight nutmeg FO.

I have their pumpkin pie crunch - I really love that one.

As a side note - I just started to check for gel safe FOs - never imaged so many scents from so many suppliers are NOT gel safe. Including that pumpkin pie one :(

Bayberry (ZB, ZS) Good..excellent blended with their Red Hot Cinnamon

Candy Corn (ZB) Best seller for us!

Christmas Cabin Great seller..we rename forest walk for rest of year

Christmas Splendor best seller all year round 3 years running

Cinnamon Buns ok..prefer their iced cinnamon rolls though

Country Bumpkin didnt care for this one

Hillbilly Homebrew good seller very similar to apple jack n peel

Hot Cocoa (ZB) good..prefer Peaks

Spiced Cranberry (ZS, ZB) great fall seller!

ADD PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE...OH SO GOOD!

Chai Tea smells nothing like actual Chai. No ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cream or anything. If they called it Iced tea, that would be a more accuratley descriptive name. Hillbilly homebrew is good, haven't tried any of the others, but fireplace in general is a scent that makes me gag.

Chai Tea smells nothing like actual Chai. No ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cream or anything. If they called it Iced tea, that would be a more accuratley descriptive name. Hillbilly homebrew is good, haven't tried any of the others, but fireplace in general is a scent that makes me gag.

That sux. Thanks very much for letting me know about the chai tea. I smelled French Color's Chai and it smells just like it should - I'll just get theirs.

Apple Jack Peel (ZB, ZS) - Very different than Hillbilly Homebrew. To me it's tart green apple with a bit of zing. Where the HH is more like hot mulled cider with definite orange notes.

Christmas Cabin - One of my favorites, but had a hard time wicking it.

Christmas Splendor - Best seller Autumn and Winter by far. Definite wick up.

Christmas Thyme - Just blah for me. Wouldn't buy it again.

Hillbilly Homebrew - Consistant seller, fantastic throw.

Indian Summer (ZB, ZS, ZG) One of my favorites! It's not a "gag me" or "knock you over with scent" fo.. But it's pleasing, does fantastic in soaps, and very consistant seller.

Sweet Potato Pie - I much prefer this one over the pumpkin. Another wicker upper..

Trying to get a sample list for NG - trying to narrow it down is difficult after reading some of the descriptions and the user reviews.

I know I picked some items that are similar, but is there anything on this list that smells VERY similar to another item?

Anything you just dislike?

Finally, if anything is over-the-top sweet, please let me know. (I already know Candy Corn would be).

(Sorry for all the questions.)

Acorn Harvest (ZB)

Amaretto (ZB, ZS)

Apple Jack Peel (ZB, ZS)

Apples and Oak (ZB, ZG, ZS)

Bayberry (ZB, ZS)

Candy Corn (ZB)

Chai Tea

Christmas Cabin

Christmas Splendor

Christmas Thyme

Cinnamon Buns

Clove (ZB, ZS)

Country Bumpkin

Eggnog

Fireplace

Hillbilly Homebrew

Hot Cocoa (ZB)

Indian Summer (ZB, ZS, ZG)

Mulled Cider

Nutmeg (ZB, ZG, ZS)

Pine Forest

Precious Gifts (ZB)

Sage Leaf (ZB, ZS, ZG)

Spiced Cranberry (ZS, ZB)

Sweet Potato Pie

Toasted Hazelnut

Vanilla Pear (ZB)

TIA!

Vanilla Pear is very weak, IMO.

Spiced Cranberry, holy heck is that strong! (works great in smelly jellies)

Hot cocoa smells just like the real thing. very yummy

Hillbilly Homebrew is another great one in smelly jellies. s-t-r-o-n-g!!

Their Cinnamon Buns is more "cinnamon" than sweet drippy cinnamon buns. If you really want the sweet version of cinnamon buns, try their ICED CINNAMON BUNS!!! OMG, it is like walking past Cinnabon at the mall!

Sweet Potato Pie was strong. There was something about it I didn't like but it always did well with the customers.

I would also recommend Pumpkin Crunch Cake if you are looking for a good sweet n spicy pumpkin fragrance.

HTH you a little! :wink2: