Is this burning properly?

It looks like you may get a blow out where the shell is getting thin. How long has it been burning? By the way, very pretty candle.

Like Shelia said + That looks like a 3" diameter and should not be burned longer than 3 hours.

The burn you have now looks good except the wick needs to be pushed over a little to center it, and hopefully keep the candle from causing a blowout.

That kind of wax is hard & brittle and will need to leave a shell to burn right.

Good Luck, Hope you don't have a blowout.

At the time of the picture it has been burning for 8 hours......:undecided

Candle Man, please excuse my ignorance, why should you not burn a candle longer than 3 hours? The scent throw seems to be better when it's been longer. Does that make sense?

Thanks for you guidance!

Scott

At the time of the picture it has been burning for 8 hours......:undecided

Candle Man, please excuse my ignorance, why should you not burn a candle longer than 3 hours? The scent throw seems to be better when it's been longer. Does that make sense?

Thanks for you guidance!

Scott

It's not burning a candle for more than 3 hours.

To properly test and to have a proper burning candle you burn 1 hour for each 1" in diameter. So if you have a 3" diameter candle then the right wick should burn that candle in 3 hours without problrms.

But in in your case with Palm Wax that wax is very tricky to wick because it is hard & brittle. I just gave up and use Paraffin. I may try Palm Wax again and make them everlasting with a glass votive insert.

Yes I know customers will burn candles all sorts of ways. What I stated is the proper way and I try to teach my customers the proper way, doesn't mean they listen.

When a customer of mine complains about my candles example... you said there would be no hang-up or little to no soot but mine did not do that. I ask them did you burn the candle properly, then they give me a perplexed look, then I explain to them how to burn a candle properly. I also have printed info on how to burn each type of my candles.

Thanks Candle Man, that makes sense! I guess I've been lucky today, haven't had a blow out. But I could see where that would happen. This is the second candle I made from this wax. In the first one I used a 30ply flat braid wick. It hardley even melted the wax. Luckily I had ordered a 36 ply in my initial order from peak. The guidelines for the wax just said to use a larger than normal wick, which 30 is. But the 36 is melting it properly.

Candybee, I used vanilla. I know that's boring but it reminds me of when I was a kid. Thanks for the compliment!

Scott